Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at life after 45 years... I came up with some rules that seem to apparent to everyone but me.

Rule 1: Do Not Marry Your Ex
Rule 2: Do Not Date Two Women In The Same Office (worked out for over two years)
Rule 3: Do Not Date Your Neighbor (unless you live in apt and your lease is up or you own a trailer)
Rule 4: Do Not Move Any Woman In Your House.
Rule 5: Do Not Let Them Know Where You Live and how much you really make.

Good news is I have at least 45 years to make some more rules.
I also am working on a mantra "Stay Happy, Stay Single, Do Not Have Kids" It's a little late for me (six wonderful killdren). Good luck and enjoy your youth before it gets taken away.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
when I was in high school my dad gave me 2 rules to follow for dating
1. never date someone you go to school with
2. never date someone you work with

rules I follow to this day (except I'm not in school anymore haha)

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I also am working on a mantra "Stay Happy, Stay Single, Do Not Have Kids" It's a little late for me (six wonderful killdren). Good luck and enjoy your youth before it gets taken away.
I'm 29, have 5 kids. Wouldn't have it any other way. :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
^ +1

I'm married and stuck with two little rugrats - So, I'll just try not to mess it up, lol.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I broke rule 4, indeed it was a rookie move.

No kids. I'm coming up on feeling too old to start, so I might become that old track day guy.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
when I was in high school my dad gave me 2 rules to follow for dating
1. never date someone you go to school with
2. never date someone you work with

rules I follow to this day (except I'm not in school anymore haha)
Well... Maybe now you could date girls from school... Although now its illegal for you! hahahahaha

You can never beat that rule!

IDK if I read it here, but another good advice is:

"Don't stick your sh1t in crazy"

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I broke rule 4, indeed it was a rookie move.

No kids. I'm coming up on feeling too old to start, so I might become that old track day guy.
You can always kick them out! :grin2:

No frets man, us guys can marry into the late 40's. A guy I know just got married (1st wife) at 40+ and had their first kid. Its ok to be single and enjoy life eh?! :drunk: :cheers:

Some good advice from the OP. Fortunately I have not made any of them... yet

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,962 Posts
27, married for 6 years. She's my best friend and I would never wish to be single.

Hating and making up "rules" because things didn't work out for you in the past is just simply limiting your future to a more narrow path. Good luck with that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I'm not going to be on my deathbed with my kid graduating high school. I've given up on having kids; maybe I'll be someone's stepdad someday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts