Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how everyone loads their bike into their truck. I have a Tacoma and was looking at getting a ramp.

With the 2 ft wide ramps is it best to get someone to help push it up (bike turned off), or ride it on (have seen some epic fails on youtube with this method). And what are the best ramps? or does it not really matter?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a colorado LS and I use a 6' folding ramp that works great. I step off to the side, put it in 1st and ease the clutch and walk it up. The ramp was off ebay ($75) and I use a single canyon handle bar strap w/ self retracting winch straps.

Its super secure and has not failed yet. No need for rear straps either.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i use a set of 7' 6" ramps from tractor supply (the largest i could find where i live) but i put both ramps down and the bike goes up the left ramp while i walk up the right one controling the clutch and throttle. You'll probably stall a few times but thats just part of it. but if theres a hill or ditch around ill back up to that to take some of the angle out of the ramps since i drive a 07 f 150 4x4 that sits pretty high. but getting the ramp lined up to take it off is the hardest part by myself. i have it running contolling the brake and in gear with the clutch in just in case i gotta pull it back up and get relined back up but again the bikes on the left ramp and im walking on the right ramp along side.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have an 07 Tacoma and a tri fold ramp I picked up from walmart.I have 3 blocks I use to make a step and I just slowly drive it up. A second hand definitely helps and also if you can take some of the angle out. Getting it off I keep it in 1st and use the clutch and brake to get it off. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I bought one of these fold out ramps, that covers the entire width of the truck bed. I just ride my bike up it real quick. It's pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
You need to check your tailgate height and then get a ramp long enough so you don't rub the lower fairings. There are some websites that give approximate lengths needed for given tailgate height. Mine is long because my truck is 4x4, but I got a two piece setup so it is easier to move. They clip together and strap to the hitch so they don't move at all when I ride up. I can't step up to my tailgate and that is why I went with a wide ramp to ride the bike up with.

I use the big boy ii ramp, super strong, could handle any load.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I use two Trackside folding arched ramps. Walk up the left while using the bike's power to ride itself up the right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i bought a motorcycle ramp kit from lowe's for $20 and a plank of wood to load/unload my old bike into a dakota
had someone help get it in/out, i would never ride one in lol

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
I used folding ramps a couple of times. The last time I tried to put it in the back I almost dropped it so I went and bought another trailer so I could haul it on that

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a Tacoma and a 6' 5" ramp.

Place ramp on tailgate, secure to bumper with ratchet strap, ride bike into truck bed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Folding ramp and an extra person for help. Since I have a lift on my truck I have to back the truck into a ditch or hill otherwise the belly of the bike would dig into the edge of the tailgate.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Last weekend we picked up my cousins Ducati 848 with my friends truck. Its a 2002 ram with like a huge lift kit "this thing is huge". A integra can almost fit under it. Anyway We just used a ladder and straps to load it in the back of his truck. it worked out great since there was no ramp that would work with his truck. Sketchy but worked...

·
swoodPwnsu
366 Posts
I used folding ramps a couple of times. The last time I tried to put it in the back I almost dropped it so I went and bought another trailer so I could haul it on that

when i test rode that 04 r6 the guy had it in the back of his truck... i helped him get it out.... he had some skinny a$$ metal ramp thing and the bike actually fell off on his side (i was on rear tire, him on front) and landed on his foot from about 1 foot... not gonna lie... it was funny as hell!! I guess that was the 1st sign that i shouldn't get the bike... CUZ IT WAS TERRIBLE!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Funny, I have an 08 Tacoma and I loaded my bike yesterday. I borrowed my buddy's ramp and I usually have someone help me. But for the first time ever I rode it up to the bed. I was a lil nervous as first since ive seen lots of "fail videos on you tube" but it all worked out fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
how do you guys strap it down once you load it onto the truck bed?

i have a toyota tacoma as well.

pics will be greatly appreciated!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts