Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving to Texas in a few days, have a small 14" U-haul, was looking for advice on how to get it up there safely as the only video I have seen is the one of the guy on the yellow gixxer (or something) fall over. I don't want to be that guy. I guess I'll try to find a way to level off the incline to make it easier, and just be patient.

Maybe push it up there. It just feels like the longer the bike is on the ramp, there more likely there is a chance to for something bad to happen. Seems like the faster I get it up there, the better. Not too fast!

Another thing is once I get it in there, what is the best way to secure the bike down? I do have a bike stand if there would make it better.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm packing up this Friday!

Goodbye Michigan!

·
Registered
327 Posts
The U-Haul should have a ramp that comes out of the back, that should make it easy.
If you are comfortable, ride it up. If not, get a couple guys to help you roll it up.
If there are anchors in the floor, strap it down from the tripple tree until your suspension no longer bounces. If there are only anchors on the walls, you will have to get some heavy padding and strap it to the wall.
Good luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They also make special bike straps if you don't want to scratch up your fairings. It goes on your handle bars and has 2 big loops on the end to strap on regular tie downs to.

·
Registered
327 Posts
They also make special bike straps if you don't want to scratch up your fairings. It goes on your handle bars and has 2 big loops on the end to strap on regular tie downs to.
You really dont want to strap down by the clip-ons, this is ok for dirt bikes and cruisers.

Oh yeh and dont forget to record some video for youtube!

·
Registered
836 Posts
u-haul also makes motorcycle trailors, u should look into that. they dont keep them at all shops though, so it may be tougher to find.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
she's talking about a canyon dancer, I would highly recommend looking into getting one, I used mine (canyon dancer II) whenever I trailer my bike. As far as the ramp, good luck!

·
The Asian Persuasion
28,564 Posts
canyon dancer rocks.
just helped a friend move from dallas to charlotte.

ride the bike up the ramp.
use canyon dancer with straps to each side of the truck.
rear wheel on stands.
matress and dresser in front of the bike.
not a single problem on the 25hr+ drive.

·
Registered
140 Posts
she's talking about a canyon dancer, I would highly recommend looking into getting one, I used mine (canyon dancer II) whenever I trailer my bike. As far as the ramp, good luck!
Yes I should have said that. Forgot the name. Its really worth the money to invest in one of these babies.

PS. I'm not a chick, sorry to disappoint.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You really dont want to strap down by the clip-ons, this is ok for dirt bikes and cruisers.

Oh yeh and dont forget to record some video for youtube!
Even if I was talking about those gay ass clips ons, why would you use them on a cruiser that weighs in way more then a crotch rocket?? :headscrat

·
Registered
594 Posts
hahah i think you guys are still misunderstanding each other.

cbr's do not have handlebars. we have clip on's. handle bars are on most cruisers and dirtbikes. they are a single tube from the left controls to the right.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
u-haul also makes motorcycle trailors, u should look into that. they dont keep them at all shops though, so it may be tougher to find.
I'm already towing a car behind it. Uhaul is towing my Civic with it's remarkable 9 miles per gallon city 20 mpg highway. Yes it running rich. Yes I'm too lazy to get it tuned, money going toward move. :(

Friend of mine from Florida came up to help me drive my beater CR-V. Running 3 man rotation for the drive from ANn Arbor Michigan to Houston Texas Surburb.

Estimated time 21 hrs, estimated miles, 1375. Finding a new life with a new career, priceless.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The U-Haul should have a ramp that comes out of the back, that should make it easy.
If you are comfortable, ride it up. If not, get a couple guys to help you roll it up.
If there are anchors in the floor, strap it down from the tripple tree until your suspension no longer bounces. If there are only anchors on the walls, you will have to get some heavy padding and strap it to the wall.
Good luck.
A friend of mine says he has some locking straps made for this kind of stuff, I hope it works well.

Thanks for all the advice everyone!:hello2:

·
Registered
140 Posts
hahah i think you guys are still misunderstanding each other.

cbr's do not have handlebars. we have clip on's. handle bars are on most cruisers and dirtbikes. they are a single tube from the left controls to the right.
Lol, ya but some of us do have dirt bike bars on. I'm forgetting others don't... oh well. :burnout:

·
Registered
668 Posts
I brought my bike from DC to ATL in a 14". I had 2 two guys me roll her up in the cargo bay. The truck comes with a ramp. I used 2 thick moving pads then I bought some straps they came four in a pack. I strapped the bike on the side of the truck. I don't remember the weight capacity of the straps, during the whole ride she did budge back there. I check during the course of my 10 hours ride.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts