Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a ramp so I can load my bike in the back of my pick-up. I went to a shop and they had a few different kinds there. There were two that I was looking at. One was about 30" wide and about 6ft long, while the other was about 12" wide and about 7ft long. I would like to go with the wider and shorter one but I dont know if the the shorter one will be at to sharp of an angle for the bike to clear the tail gate. I own a 04 dodge ram so the tail gate is kind of tall. If anybody has any experence or any suggestions, please let me know.

Chris

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought the black one that is about 8" wide and 7' long (rough). It's a one person deal to get the bike in and out. Just stand next to the bike and clutch control the throttle. Bringing it down is just front brake control from the side. It's alwasy nice to have somebody around just in case. No need for the bigger ramps. Your not going to drive the bike up it anyway.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have an 02 Ram and i have a 6 ft ramp that is 3' wide but folds up in 3 sections so its not all that big when i try to store it. For the bike, i just back up to a slight hill and drive the bike up on the hill then into the truck. The wide ramp is nice for me so i can put a snowmobile or ATV in using the same ramps.

·
Registered
947 Posts
KneeDragDreamer said:
I bought the black one that is about 8" wide and 7' long (rough). It's a one person deal to get the bike in and out. Just stand next to the bike and clutch control the throttle. Bringing it down is just front brake control from the side. It's alwasy nice to have somebody around just in case. No need for the bigger ramps. Your not going to drive the bike up it anyway.
You really don't need large ramps at all. I have two 8 inch wide aluminum ramps and I just use one to ride it up (you don't need much speed) and into my full sized truck. I use both ramps to walk it down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts