Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have (what I thought was) a 2005 600RR which showed a fault code with 1 blink recently. I followed the procedure in the service manual and decided to replace the MAP sensor. Now the display doesn't pan out and indicate a failure anymore, but the 1 blink when I the start the bike is still there.

My problem is that, (1) I found the MAP sensor not where the service manual says it is (on the right hand side of the fuel tank about the wire harness) but it is located above where the hoses(vacuum) split off in the back right under the #2 and #3 primary injector connectors. (2) I don't see the DLC under the battery!

So, where could the DLC connector be, because I need to clear the fault?

Anyone had success locating the DLC on this bike? It looks like mine is not a 2005 CBR600RR although the sticker under the passenger seat says it is 2005.

·
Registered
454 Posts
A sticker under the passenger seat probably only tells you when the seat was made.

You should have metal plate on the front of the frame (right side) with the VIN and build date.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I looked. it appears that the previous owner had 're-built' the bike and I don't have a sticker. It is what is called a special construction bike, whatever that means.

Anyway, the bike is behaving normally now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts