Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my steering wheel is stucked in locked position. I can turn key to start bike and turn key back to locked position but nothing happens with handlebars. Dont know what to do. I think the pin which goes into frame of bike is stuck inside and doesnt want to go back. Should i removing triple clamp and ignition barrel and try to stick it back in or cut it?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Can you get a hex wrench down there and get the bolts out of the ignition? I had to do once when the handlebar lock on an aftermarket ignition switch jammed.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
try to hit the pin directly with a shot of "penetrating oil" and walk away from it for at least 3 hrs...or leave it and repeat 2x more.

Then try to gently wiggle the bars,("steering wheel") and hope the pin retracts.......while saying a prayer to your favored mechanically helpful deities.

if that doesn't work....proceed as 488cm3 suggests?

HTH

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried with wd 40 and nothing. Its stuck inside. Im waiting for mechanic he will try to unscrew 2 bolts underneath lock which are some kind of torx 40 i think but with hole inside. Its so frustrating cause It happend last night. I was unlocking in regulary as always and there was no force used to turn key and that happend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts