Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This works but I would try not to rely on it all the time. Short trips or cruising at the beach when you dont want to wear a helmet.

·
Registered
937 Posts
that only works if the strap on your helmet is long enough.

C

·
0 Posts
Blade,
Same method I use with my Suomy Gunwind. Works fine. By the way, nice looking Shoei there.

·
Registered
204 Posts
yeah i always have the same problem. i hate that about my RR...the helmet lock sucks. used to have a F4i and my helmet fit like a glove. ill try your method when i get my bike back. thanks for the info.

C

·
0 Posts
abeDANN,
Yeah, My F4i was great for helmet hooks. Could fit one on each side. Honda should have just stuck with what worked IMO, but its no big deal.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CorleoneRR said:
Blade,
Same method I use with my Suomy Gunwind. Works fine. By the way, nice looking Shoei there.

Thank you :cool:

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Cool, I aways kinda wondered about this. Would it be safe to park my bike with my helmet attached like this? I guess someone could still take it if they really wanted it, right?

Jason

·
Registered
204 Posts
CorleoneRR said:
abeDANN,
Yeah, My F4i was great for helmet hooks. Could fit one on each side. Honda should have just stuck with what worked IMO, but its no big deal.
yeah i definitely agree, honda should have kept it nice and easy like the F4i. when i bought my OEM seat cowl, i also received this rubber/metal wire for the helmet lock under the rear seat, but its too long and my helmet hits the rear pegs when i attach it to wire. i guess i will try what the pics show.

and yes, if they want your helmet, they can cut the strap. but i doubt it can be used after that, not positive about that though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Couldn't you just slide the helmet towards the front of the bike and remove it if that were cut like that? I guess the thief wouldn't know it were cut. Good mod though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
abeDANN said:
CorleoneRR said:
when i bought my OEM seat cowl, i also received this rubber/metal wire for the helmet lock under the rear seat
Mine came with my bike, but maybe that just me. It was in the "secret compartment" ;)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Mine came with my bike, but maybe that just me. It was in the "secret compartment" ;)[/quote]

SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! You're not supposed to talk about that. It's a SECRET!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Mine came with my bike, but maybe that just me. It was in the "secret compartment" ;)
Mine too was in the secret stealth compartment. The helmet cable comes in the tool kit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts