Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.
I recently had my 07 R6 stolen and I am planning on getting the 08 CBR grafitti and since my bike had lojack I was going to use the money from lojack to help with a down payment and put the rest on credit.

Come to find out that lo jack says I am only eligible for 600 back even though it says that if your bike is stolen with lo jack there warranty will back up you 100% and you are eligible for a $5000 check.
NOW lojack is saying that we did not purchase there warranty and are only eligible for the cost of lojack that the dealer paid. total BS right!?!

1) we were never offered a warranty from the stealership

2)why would they sell there item and not include a warranty if they were soooo sure that my bike would never be stolen and not recovered.
its been 38 days now and still waiting.

anyone have any advice for me or ever worked with lo jack??
pretty upset that such a BIG time company would F me over like this.
Any help is appreciated.

RIDE HARD and RIDE SAFE.

D

·
0 Posts
According to their website:
http://www.lojack.com/motorcycle/pages/motorcycle-faqs.aspx#q8
What is the warranty on the motorcycle system?
There is a 24-hour money back warranty that if your motorcycle is stolen within a LoJack coverage area and is not recovered within 24-hours, LoJack will refund to you the purchase price of the LoJack unit up to $595, not including installation costs incurred by your dealer.
Technically and legally, they don't owe you anything other then a check for $595 or the lesser cost of the lojack system.
It seems you're going to have to take this with a grain of salt and start saving for a new bike.

·
Registered
164 Posts
im confused....

Seems typical though. Just like insurance companies though. Always will try to screw you over.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the early warning system!
Thats what I dont understand!!
we were even told BY LOJACK themselves that we didnt purchase the warranty for the early warning system that is why all we are entitled to is the 600. So thats why I am mostly confused. Any suggestions as to why they would say that??

D

·
0 Posts
I have no clue why they would say that, especially since there is only one warranty. You don't get a warranty for the lojack system and another for the early warning service. Did they call you and notify you and the local authorities that the bike was stolen, or did you find out and then call them?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yeah im curious as well, did the early warning system call you?

I honestly didnt even know lojack had an insurance option on the bike, i thought it was only to cover the cost of the device, not the bike.

This has been discussed many times though, lojack is decent but by no means perfect. It has many flaws. The best thing you can have is full coverage. I was lucky and lojack did save my bike once, so i guess i cant complain.

Best of luck, my bike was recovered in about 3 hours after i reported it. If it's taking this long im pretty sure you wont see your bike again.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah im curious as well, did the early warning system call you?

I honestly didnt even know lojack had an insurance option on the bike, i thought it was only to cover the cost of the device, not the bike.

This has been discussed many times though, lojack is decent but by no means perfect. It has many flaws. The best thing you can have is full coverage. I was lucky and lojack did save my bike once, so i guess i cant complain.

Best of luck, my bike was recovered in about 3 hours after i reported it. If it's taking this long im pretty sure you wont see your bike again.
You didn't know because they don't. Only thing insurance wise that they offer is a $50 discount from a few insurance companies.

·
Registered
828 Posts
You didn't know because they don't. Only thing insurance wise that they offer is a $50 discount from a few insurance companies.

Well if he talked to lojack and they are saying

Quote: "lojack is saying that we did not purchase there warranty and are only eligible for the cost of lojack that the dealer paid. total BS right!?!"

What the hell kind of warranty could you have purchased?

D

·
0 Posts
Well if he talked to lojack and they are saying

Quote: "lojack is saying that we did not purchase there warranty and are only eligible for the cost of lojack that the dealer paid. total BS right!?!"

What the hell kind of warranty could you have purchased?
I think that was just some BS spoken from someone who worked there trying to get off the phone.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Agreed, to add to it, I think you need seem to be very uneducated about lojack and what you're entitled to. You need to stop taking peoples words and read up on your own.

I'm just saying that because thats how i felt when i bought my bike. I didnt know anything, i felt like such an idiot that i sat on this site for about 2 months reading over threads and i bought some magazines to learn more about the bike and everything that revolves around it. I hate being in a position where I dont know what im talking about.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
wait wait wait...i just read over this and i got the same deal from the dealership. The lojack that i bought states that if the bike is stolen and not recoved within 30 days of the stolen date, lo jack will give you a $5000 credit, from the dealership you brought it from, towards the purchase of another bike....

this isn't true?

D

·
0 Posts
wait wait wait...i just read over this and i got the same deal from the dealership. The lojack that i bought states that if the bike is stolen and not recoved within 30 days of the stolen date, lo jack will give you a $5000 credit, from the dealership you brought it from, towards the purchase of another bike....

this isn't true?
Do you have it in a paper document from LoJack?

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
i use to install lojack.. i was just an installer.. for cars tho.. but i would never get one.. those things are junk. just dont understand why you would want it back.. just get full coverage.. wait a few days and call it in stolen.. now its for sure gone . full coverage here i come.. best tracking device is the one you can track anytime you want via internet . i know they have these for cars.. linked to OBD II ports

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i use to install lojack.. i was just an installer.. for cars tho.. but i would never get one.. those things are junk. just dont understand why you would want it back.. just get full coverage.. wait a few days and call it in stolen.. now its for sure gone . full coverage here i come.. best tracking device is the one you can track anytime you want via internet . i know they have these for cars.. linked to OBD II ports
it is called KARR

1 - 20 of 96 Posts