Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do people have long commutes? I go around 20 miles on the I-10 freeway (socal), and I usually ride 3 of the days and drive the other two.

Anyway, I'm thinking of moving out further, and turning this into at 35 mi commute. I don't know about splitting lanes that far.. I usually get tired after 15-20 min of lane splitting. my hours are flexible, so I could go outside of traffic hours I suppose. I'm in socal, so weather isn't a problem either.

anyway, reason is, i'd like to buy a house, and i like the size of the houses at affordable prices in santa clarita, but i work in west LA area.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I commute to work and that's 30 mi ride, it was kind of tiring at first but I got use to it and now I do it whenever the weather allows.

·
Hittin The Twisties On My RC 51
1,196 Posts
I did a 32 mile one way commute a couple of times on the bike before which translated to about an hour and some change each direction. Not too bad but I couldn't lane split either. It was a mix of rural and urban so there was not much room to get bored. I feel you on the house situation tho. That is another thread entirely.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'm in SoCal myself and commute 30 miles 1 way in gridlock. I work 8-5 and have been doing this for a few years. Dozens of close calls but it saves an enormous amount of time and gas compared to driving my F150. . . . .

·
Registered
587 Posts
I ride 35 miles one way to work...in the warm months ( Delaware beach area) i ride 3-4 days a week depending on my schedule with the kids and stuff....its almost that time i cant wait!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I ride 120 miles round trip from Murrieta to La Jolla area. Pretty worn out by the time I get home, but sooo worth it saving time and gas money.

N

·
0 Posts
I commute 43 miles one way, 86 total. For this reason I purchased a Ninja ex250. I love riding this bike. Though the brakes are weak, I get great gas mileage (55-68 mpg depending how I ride).

The best part about this bike is no engine heat like the 600RR. So, summer rides are going to be awesome!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I ride my bike everyday but I don't commute. I work from home. I could do a 45mile one way commute weather allowing on the rr. being able to Buy a house is worth it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I ride 85 miles one way commute to school and work in the morning (6 AM) and another 85 miles one way back home (5 PM). My ass is as hard as a rock, and I'm tired as hell when I get home.. but boy do I smile when I fill up at the gas station!

I also ride everyday, rain or shine, hot or cold.. It gets boring though so I listen to some tunes while I'm cruising... helps the time pass faster.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Anyone using mods to accomodate the distance. I just purchased a throttle meister and have wondered about a seat. Dont know if there is one out there that would make much of a difference. My commute is about 30 minutes each way. Its straight, flat 2 lane. I gotta stick with teh speedlimit cause there are often cops.

·
Registered
613 Posts
50 miles each way here, rain hail or shine. Some freeway, some urban traffic and a some twisties. If I was to do it on a train it would take up an extra two hours each day.

·
Registered
172 Posts
28 mile one way for me it is all interstate. i would prolly ride more but i'm scared of all the rust and calcium dust that settles on everything at a steel mill. the days i do ride makes going to work worth while.

·
Registered
182 Posts
NorCal (Tracy to Union City)
50mile commute each way.
70-80 minutes each way.
Usually rain or shine, like today.

Split the HWY580 traffic on Altamont Pass or twist through Patterson Pass road, usually finishing off HWY84 and some Niles Canyon action.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts