Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride yesterday with some of my friends from about 10AM-7PM through about every curve in Northwest Arkansas. Stopped about an hour to eat and a few pit stops. We went between 330 and 350 miles. I was absolutely beat when I got home... I've only been riding since February and I was wondering, is that a long ride? Or am I just a pansy ass?:bootyshak

One of the guys I was with was older and had a Corbin seat for his Buell... anyone have one of those for their cbr?

·
Registered
361 Posts
For a new rider, riding 350 is not a joke. I am in shape and after my first ride i was also beat and sore the next day.

It's like running vs swimming. You can run all day, but try swimming hard for a few hours and you use different muscles so you will be more sore and tired from it.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Holy sh*t another Arkansan! Northwest at that. Haha. Sorry for the lack of contribution.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
yup after that ride your ass should be hurting lol

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
thats some pretty good riding for sure. I rode about 6-7 hours a few days out at sturgis through the twisties out there and it got the best of me. Just make sure you drink lots of fluids and stretch when possible.

·
Registered
991 Posts
350 s definitely respectable on a cbr. That is about my max I will ever do in one day and I try not to do that anymore. my record is approx 560 miles and I regretted that for days afterwards. It was a fun ride but its much more enjoyable to break it up and save your ass to ride another day.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i just ordered a seat from corbin for my bike it should be here in 3 weeks they said so ill let you know who it is when it comes in. set me back $257 so it better be worth it!

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's a long ride on any pure sportbike! I use my cbr closer to home. I also have a Buell with superbike bars and a comfy seat, and that kind of mileage is very doable, but the riding position is more like a sporty standard. The downside to the comfy seat is height but that could be good for longer legs.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i got you beat, i got my new tires on friday and by saturday night had about 700 miles on them, a trip from warner robins to savannah and back was the culprit, my butt was in so much pain anfter all that, not to mention i had been on a slip and slide for 6 hours on saturday.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
i got you beat, i got my new tires on friday and by saturday night had about 700 miles on them, a trip from warner robins to savannah and back was the culprit, my butt was in so much pain anfter all that, not to mention i had been on a slip and slide for 6 hours on saturday.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
I do all day rides of 400 miles regularly on the Ducati. I had 39,000 miles on my 1000RR with the stock seat and never once whined about it.

Seriously, long rides take being fit and prepared. I live everyday that way. Proper diet, fitness and attitude will get you though virtually anything.

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
I just ride bmx. I may or may not have sold my mtb. :crackup:
haha nice, im guessing your up in bentonville? I just took some friends to the DH flow track yesterday. I have a DJ but I love DH n free ride so much more...

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I do all day rides of 400 miles regularly on the Ducati. I had 39,000 miles on my 1000RR with the stock seat and never once whined about it.

Seriously, long rides take being fit and prepared. I live everyday that way. Proper diet, fitness and attitude will get you though virtually anything.

·
Registered
340 Posts

Not everyone is born with the ass of a black woman ; )

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle app

1 - 20 of 36 Posts