Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
besides the obvious reasons what is the beneficial difference in long and short gloves? I am looking at the Icon Merc gloves and they have a long and a short. I wear a jacket no matter what so either way theres gonna be a sleeve there...any help would be appriciated, thanks guys...

·
Registered
799 Posts
With the "gauntlet" gloves in the event of a crash your hands will naturally hit the ground to brace yourself. now when you start sliding the longer glove will keep your jacket from sliding up your arm, keeping all the protective armor in your jacket in the right places. It can be a pain in the A$$ to put on sometimes but It's better insurance.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
long is always the best. :01_thumbu

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
aggieRR said:
besides the obvious reasons what is the beneficial difference in long and short gloves? I am looking at the Icon Merc gloves and they have a long and a short. I wear a jacket no matter what so either way theres gonna be a sleeve there...any help would be appriciated, thanks guys...
Gaunlet Gloves are so much more secure and better!

As for the Icons though...

The only thing Icon is better than is wearing nothing at all!

BOOOOO Icon!!!

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
omarvelous i think you may have come up with something for Icon's ads, "Icon, better than nothing." LOL

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Omarvelous, haha that is funny. I dunno what started me on Icon but i guess there is a reason no AMA or GP rider sports Icon gear on the track. I am also looking at buying some Alpine star gloves as well....

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Why anyone would even consider short gloves in this day and age is beyond me. Why why why? So many gauntlet choices out there at various price levels, and it's not like it's uncomfortable or a big pain to put on.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just stumbled upon the Moto-GP Nitrous gauntlet gloves...any ideas?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
aggieRR said:
i just stumbled upon the Moto-GP Nitrous gauntlet gloves...any ideas?

I bought a pair this spring,the best i've ever owned.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
AggieRR
look at this pix bro wearing short gloves
that can easily slide off exposing your valuable
fingers , palm & wrist area

and when the jacket's sleeve roll up
your forearm will look like this

so like evrey one is advising buy real gloves and do not
forget the leather jacket with body armour

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
moe, thanks for the pics for reafirmation. im soon to buy the motogp nitrous gloves, and a set of leathers from alpine stars. most likely will go with a 2 peice set.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
aggieRR said:
moe, thanks for the pics for reafirmation. im soon to buy the motogp nitrous gloves, and a set of leathers from alpine stars. most likely will go with a 2 peice set.
Its ok man i for one learned the hard way years ago
and promised myself never again

·
Registered
928 Posts
Damn, what kind of gloves was he wearing? I have A-stars short and gauntlet gloves and while the gauntlet gloves are better, I doubt the shorter ones would do that to my hands.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
blue_rrockit said:
damn moe!! is that you in those pics? **** that must have hurt like no other
NO that is not me bro i aint that stupid anymore

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
Go For Long I Was Told Taht If You Look At Alot Of Leather Jackets The Leather Doesnt Go All The Way To The End By Your Wrist Thats Were The Long Ones Come Into Place They Go Up Further To Protect The Area That Doesnt Have That Much Protecting It In The First Place I Dont Know If This Is True But After I Heared This I Went Out And Got The Long Ones And Dont Ride With Any Thing Less

1 - 20 of 29 Posts