Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 09/14
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these okay for 10k miles or so? It seems looks like the chain is digging into the teeth...

Is my chain too tight/loose?

Also how do I embed pictures without them redirecting to photobucket??

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
860 Posts
that is fucked and needs changing. looks like an aluminium sprocket. impossible to say if your chain is too tight.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
the tic marks on your swingarm should get you fairly close. Another way is to put the bike on a rear stand and rotate the wheel by hand and look to see where the sprocket teeth fall between the chain links.

I just bought a Motion Pro chain alignment tool, but haven't used it yet

·
BOTM Winner 09/14
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the tic marks on your swingarm should get you fairly close. Another way is to put the bike on a rear stand and rotate the wheel by hand and look to see where the sprocket teeth fall between the chain links.

I just bought a Motion Pro chain alignment tool, but haven't used it yet
That's nice! How did you get the picture to be embedded without sending to photobucket?

I'll have to check.. I could have sworn I was anal about it last time

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Find a pic on the interwebs, right click and select copy image location. Then in the reply box click on the Insert Image button then just paste the link

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The thing is, chains and sprockets wear together! So if your sprocket is wearing rough it will cause inconsistencies with the chain as well, then it can cause issues with the new sprockets! It will cost about 150 or so but well worth it! Steel sprockets are a bit heavier but if you are not racing you would not notice the difference and they will far outlast the aluminum!

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
The teeth are packed out.

One thing that many should realize and learn to accept. Your bike is covered in wearing parts. These parts will require routine replacement. Its the nature of owning a motorcycle and you shouldn't cut corners.

Chain and sprocket sets will wear out, replace them. Same goes for tires, brake pads, fluids, suspension seals and fluids, cables, filters etc

Maintain your bike. It should ALWAYS be in a good state of repair. Your bike isn't packed with safety systems to protect your ass if something goes wrong, so you need to be extra diligent in making sure the odds are on your side

If you feel that you cannot afford to maintain your bike properly you should either consider a more affordable bike or not riding. Its your own neck after all

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
:ponder: uhh.. noob here. I can't even tell what's wrong or what you guys are talking about even from looking at these pictures
the thing I noticed was the wear on the SIDE of the sprocket from the chain. Also if you look on the teeth, you'll see a "burr" from the center of the chain wearing off to one side

1 - 20 of 22 Posts