Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to go look at a bike the other day and not knowing much about bikes had a few questions. So the bike that I looked at the other day had some road rash on the side, is that a sign not to buy a bike just because of a little road rash? The guy said that he would have it fixed if i was interested but does that make a bike not worth it? and if it is worth it is their a guidline or something i should look out for ? Or is it best to just try and find a bike without the road rash because it could be a deeper issue with the bike? Any information would be useful thanks all!

·
Registered
170 Posts
as long as it looks like new there is no problem..these things can fall allday ..but fyi look at the wheels make sure there are no scratches and stuff ...its easy to miss

·
Registered
454 Posts
So i went to go look at a bike the other day and not knowing much about bikes had a few questions. So the bike that I looked at the other day had some road rash on the side, is that a sign not to buy a bike just because of a little road rash? The guy said that he would have it fixed if i was interested but does that make a bike not worth it? and if it is worth it is their a guidline or something i should look out for ? Or is it best to just try and find a bike without the road rash because it could be a deeper issue with the bike? Any information would be useful thanks all!
Any used bike, whether it looks spotless or has some visible rash, can have damage the seller is trying to hide from you. It's a good idea to minimally take off the fairings to check what it looks like under them.
Aside from anything obvious also look at the fairing mounts and tabs for damage as well as the steering stops (if a bike has been layed down hard the forks can smash agaisnt the steering stop and leave visible evidence).

If you aren't comfortable, have the bike checked by a shop or mechanic you trust (make sure they'll actually do a decent inspection, take off the fairings, a compression and/or leakdown if you really want). It'll cost you about $100 to $150 to have them spend an hour or 2 going over the bike, and you can try asking the seller to take the inspection cost out of the sale price if you buy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts