Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched around for a new one in socal, and didnt find an 04. then i found a used 04 with ~1700 miles on it. it has the following:
penske 2 way rear shock
full hindle exhaust
gpr dampener
44 tooth rear sprocket + did chain
all bolts safety wired
some form of race compound tires
full set of track plastics(stock plastics are on it now)
all stock parts included, misc other little stuff too.

bike saw 1 track day. poor guy had a serious accident and his wife is selling all his bikes to cover medical costs. they want $7500 for it, it appears to be a decent deal for southern california...thoughts?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Check this out VERY carefully. It sounds too good to be true. Go put your hands on it and look it over really well. Then kick yourself in the a$$ for stealing the man's bike from his wife while he's still in the hospital recuperating!.... :bitchslap: j/k :mrgreen:

"Ashish"?? What's up with that name dude? :smookin: :bounce:

Tim

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NewRedRider said:
Check this out VERY carefully. It sounds too good to be true. Go put your hands on it and look it over really well. Then kick yourself in the a$$ for stealing the man's bike from his wife while he's still in the hospital recuperating!.... :bitchslap: j/k :mrgreen:

"Ashish"?? What's up with that name dude? :smookin: :bounce:

Tim
haha, Ashish is my first name. I went over the bike carefully already, everything seems to be in order. The guy that owns them all was at a track day at willow, and another rider hit him. His wife is selling this, a 1000rr, gsxr750, tl1000s, a cr, and some others to help pay for his medical care. very sad situation. i will be picking this up tuesday or so.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Damn...you just smoked yourself a siiiick ass deal. Congradulations...and I'm sorry to hear about the other guy, that makes me sad. But you got an awesome deal...you should take off the rear shock and sell it to me ;-)

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
ashish
got your self a great deal and indirectley helped out an unfortunate biker by the way thank god your first name aint hasish j/k good luck with the new bike :bounce:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Ashish, you said you went over it. However, did you ride it? You should also remove the fairings and look around the valve cover gasket to make sure there are no small leaks (you can tell by inspecting whether or not there is any oil on the headers, engine, or whatnot. Barring anything of that...you have yourself one sweet deal!

P.S. If you ride it around a bit, make sure the temp goes goes at least above 200F and make sure shifting/throttle response is still smooth. I guess I am asking you to be utlra anal, becuase as RedRider said, looks like too good a deal. Good luck!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
due to a very sick dog that i absolutely refuse to put down, my bike fund just got cut short ~2k. so close, but my dog is far more important to me. its pretty depressing to let this deal slide, but if any other members here are interested, let me know and I will give you the phone number to the person who is handling the sale of all the bikes. (guys wife spends most of her time in the hospital with her husband, a close friend is helping them out with the sale) i can't get it, but would love to see someone here score a good deal. mabye another day... :???:

·
Registered
238 Posts
poor guy

Did you by any chance see the stock plastics when you went to inspect the bike?

You think he rode it on the street for 1500 miles then went out and spent all this money to get it track ready and rode it once before his accident?

I think she could make one or two phone calls and move it to one of his track buddies. I feel bad and it is possible cause sometimes you just dont care, you want it gone fast. But then again, he probably has over 13k into his bike.

Joecey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dammit. I had already convinced myself that I wasn't ready to upgrade my bike yet. Hopefully someone will jump on this before I completely become motivated.

BTW, what color was it?

Hey Ashish, I live just on the other side of the hill in carmel valley.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i bought it anyways despite some other stuff going on; the money went to someone who truly needed it. i met Laz, very nice guy. I am glad he is getting better and is now out of hospitals.

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
yeah, I read about laz a long long time ago. I'm surprised his bikes didn't get sold sooner. It was a BAD accident. Hope Laz is doing well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts