Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm close to buying an 07 CBR600rr and just wondering if there's anything in particular I should be focusing on? Any common problems, issues at all? Anything weak at all? I'm a good 225 lbs so how's the stock suspension? I'm planning Ohlins shock with perhaps some stiffer springs and valving up front? How's the fuel injection? Does it really need a PC if you go with a slipon pipe? Thanks.

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
The problem is I Cant stop Modding my bike LOL but seriously I have not encountered any major problems.my mechanic tells me he hears a buzzing noise and sayed it sounds like the Cam Chain Tensioner witch the older hondas were known for. I bought an Ape CCT and have not installed it yet.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I've never had a major issue. The most common thing is the windscreen buzzing. It's a real easy fix. You just have to remove the windscreen and put something under the front tip of it to "fill the gap" that causes the buzz.

SF, you might want to press down on the front of the windscreen when you hear the buzz. It could be a quick fix instead of changing the CCT.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I had the same windscreen issue. I went and got one of those foam things that go on the heel of your shoe to make dress shoes fit better. It has sticky tape on it already so just stick it to the inside tip of the windscreen.

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
Thanks for the heads up BDT but I figured I already have the CCT and it wouldn't hurt to install it. Suppose to be better then stock.

·
Registered
588 Posts
You will have one major problem... every nice day your mind will wander at work and everyone will wonder where you are the rest of the time

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congratulations! The bike looks great. Any modifications lined up yet?

Ohlins shock, Ohlins internals and sprung for my 225 lbs, Woodcraft or Vortex rear sets, Cox radiator guard, maybe a Brembo master cylinder, track bodywork, case covers (Woodcraft or NRC), :banger:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ohlins shock, Ohlins internals and sprung for my 225 lbs, Woodcraft or Vortex rear sets, Cox radiator guard, maybe a Brembo master cylinder, track bodywork, case covers (Woodcraft or NRC), :banger:
Nice list! Stock brakes work pretty well for me w/stainless steel braided lines and Vesrah pads. Woodcraft case covers rock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts