Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been eyeing an 07 CBR600rr on FB marketplace and talking with the owner. Looks like it could be a great bike but there are few reservations, one being my Dad thinks I'm crazy for buying this particular bike. Says "oh you'll have to do the forks, chain/sprocket, paint will cost 100's(it has 2 scratches, one on the front and rear plastic.. pretty noticeable, apparently from a trailer loading incident), . Now he may be right, but it could be a great example of an iconic 600 with one fixable cosmetic issue.

The owner dropped the price from $6,500(lol) to $5,500 today, basically right after he dropped the damage pics on me and I told him I'd get back to him. I already asked him prior if it was dropped and he said "no". I was less interested in the bike after that lets just say that haha. Its got 11k miles, but 3 owners. Supposedly garage kept most of its life. Owner who has it now says he changes the oil every year, self-maintained. Asked him about the initial services and he said all that was taken care of legitimately, doesn't have any service records though. Its the blue and grey color also, which is a plus in my opinion.

Any thoughts? Things I should beware of? Should I listen to the Old Man?? Not a lot of these around and maybe I could get it for less than $5k which would be ideal. If it rides true and I don't have to replace the OEM fairings I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger, but everything else HAS to check out. Cant be down 1k in repairs before I get going, and I dont want to ride a scratched up bike so I would have to get the paint fixed. If you want to see the listing I can DM it to you

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m not sure what state you live in and what bikes go for there but I’m in Ohio and no way he would get 5500 for the bike. I had the same bike I sold it in November of 2020 I started at 4500 on fb sold it for 4300 all I’m saying is 5500 is over priced for 6k you could get a 1000 in that year

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not sure what state you live in and what bikes go for there but I’m in Ohio and no way he would get 5500 for the bike. I had the same bike I sold it in November of 2020 I started at 4500 on fb sold it for 4300 all I’m saying is 5500 is over priced for 6k you could get a 1000 in that year
Appreciate that brotha, Im in the DC area so a little more expensive but yea not paying 6 lol. Ideally in the high 4s is the most I'd pay for one

·
Registered
271 Posts
Rather than spend money on paint, see if there are any second hand plastics around for sale. That would probably be a lot cheaper option.

Whatever you do, haggle and get the price down anyway! And don't let on that you like the colour, tell him you prefer one of the other colours!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought my 08 for 5k and I'm in the MVA area. It has more miles but no issues whatsoever. Unless the price goes down, I'd keep looking before you pull the trigger on that one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just bought my 08 for 5k and I'm in the MVA area. It has more miles but no issues whatsoever. Unless the price goes down, I'd keep looking before you pull the trigger on that one.
You are totally right man, that’s what I’m going to do. The more I talk to this guy the more problems are showing up, now there is something wrong with the steering lock lol. Pass

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been eyeing an 07 CBR600rr on FB marketplace and talking with the owner. Looks like it could be a great bike but there are few reservations, one being my Dad thinks I'm crazy for buying this particular bike. Says "oh you'll have to do the forks, chain/sprocket, paint will cost 100's(it has 2 scratches, one on the front and rear plastic.. pretty noticeable, apparently from a trailer loading incident), . Now he may be right, but it could be a great example of an iconic 600 with one fixable cosmetic issue.

The owner dropped the price from $6,500(lol) to $5,500 today, basically right after he dropped the damage pics on me and I told him I'd get back to him. I already asked him prior if it was dropped and he said "no". I was less interested in the bike after that lets just say that haha. Its got 11k miles, but 3 owners. Supposedly garage kept most of its life. Owner who has it now says he changes the oil every year, self-maintained. Asked him about the initial services and he said all that was taken care of legitimately, doesn't have any service records though. Its the blue and grey color also, which is a plus in my opinion.

Any thoughts? Things I should beware of? Should I listen to the Old Man?? Not a lot of these around and maybe I could get it for less than $5k which would be ideal. If it rides true and I don't have to replace the OEM fairings I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger, but everything else HAS to check out. Cant be down 1k in repairs before I get going, and I dont want to ride a scratched up bike so I would have to get the paint fixed. If you want to see the listing I can DM it to you
I bought a 2009 and it was the best thing ever did. No regret at all

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
The more I talk to this guy the more problems are showing up, now there is something wrong with the steering lock lol. Pass
Yeah move on. It's easy said than done trying to resist the urge but you'll know when you find the right bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts