Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to buying a bike, but I have been riding my brother's Suzuki TL 1000 for two years now. I have been looking around and I am leaning towards the Silver '08 CBR. The lowest I can get it down to is 8475 before taxes and licensing. Although another dealer told me they would give me the same price on the Graffiti bike. It would come out to about 9000.00 after all is said and done.. Is this a good deal for an '08? or should I just go to an '09 for 9600 before licensing? Let me know what you are all thinking.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
9K OTD for an 08 doesn't seem like much of a deal to me. Did you try to talk them down at all? Almost sounds like you had Peter Griffin doing your negotiating

If that's the case, I'm going for the 09

·
Registered
112 Posts
Your location is a big factor in sales prices (similar to insurance costs being location dependent). If you let us know where you are, someone on the forum might be able to give you some representative information. The riding season is just around the corner for many of us who have 4 "real" seasons. Maybe the dealers in your area are hedging their bets that they can get a premium come fair weather.

Not sure if it helps much but for reference, I picked up a silver 08 about 7 months ago for 8400 before TTL in PA.

·
Registered
93 Posts
the silver color is what almost every dealer has left over from last year, so try n get a few dealers to compete and youll get that price down. The dealer near me in mass has 2 of them going for $7900 otd.(before tax/lic.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your location is a big factor in sales prices (similar to insurance costs being location dependent). If you let us know where you are, someone on the forum might be able to give you some representative information. The riding season is just around the corner for many of us who have 4 "real" seasons. Maybe the dealers in your area are hedging their bets that they can get a premium come fair weather.

Not sure if it helps much but for reference, I picked up a silver 08 about 7 months ago for 8400 before TTL in PA.

I live in Milwaukee, WI. I have been looking around a bit, but I suck at talking people down and the lowest one place would go is 8600. this is not OTd price. I just don't want to get screwed on the price. I feel like I could get it lower if I knew more about bikes and sales. I know I shouldn't pay over 9000 for an '08, but I don't know how to get it lower. So you think I should go for an '09 if it's only 500 more?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts