Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've read about a few people who aren't into the look of the chainguard on their bikes... well, I'm not sure if I'm into it or not because my bike didn't come with one (bought used). But, I'll tell you what I'm NOT into... lube and grease spray all over the underside of my tail section.

Anyone take it off and it's just laying around? Want it out of your sight?

I found a couple on ebay for around $25 shipped, but figured I'd check with my .net brothers (and sisters) first.

Hook it up!

Oh yea, for an 06.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i did search and found a couple threads from like 3 years ago in which a lot of people were saying they didn't like the looks of it or something.

actually, one guy i specifically remember saying that the first thing he does when he buys a bike is take off the chainguard and hugger...

who knows...

regardless... i need one.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
03 to 06 RR are interchangable and will fit one another

·
Registered
298 Posts
mine didn't come with one either. Just buy one from the stealership <---what i did it was i think around 25 bucks also get the 3 bolts if you dont already have them like a dollar a piece

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PM sent.

I'm using a product called "Dupont Teflon Dry Wax Lubricant" that I've read really good things about on a number of different forums. It's not too expensive and you can get it at Lowe's. I may be not giving the lube time to settle in before I ride or something... I don't know. Either way, I'd like a chain guard.

This stuff:

·
Registered
117 Posts
+1 for Dupont chain lube...since we don't have Lowe's here in Canada (maybe 1 in Toronto, I'm not sure) and no one else carries this stuff, people actually go across the border and buy the stuff in bulk and bring it back up here lol

I need to make a run down to Ogdensburg soon to get some more!

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
PM sent.

I'm using a product called "Dupont Teflon Dry Wax Lubricant" that I've read really good things about on a number of different forums. It's not too expensive and you can get it at Lowe's. I may be not giving the lube time to settle in before I ride or something... I don't know. Either way, I'd like a chain guard.

This stuff:
I picked up some of this stuff last year and it works great :icon_lol:

·
Registered
298 Posts
have you tried lubing your chain after you ride like most of the cans of lube say?? your chains gotta be warm if not hot to spray it properly
PM sent.

This stuff:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I've read about a few people who aren't into the look of the chainguard on their bikes... well, I'm not sure if I'm into it or not because my bike didn't come with one (bought used). But, I'll tell you what I'm NOT into... lube and grease spray all over the underside of my tail section.

^ LMAO! Funny but true.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts