Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of buyin a liter bike in the winter... i want to get a left over for a good price but i am tourn between the zx10 and the 1000rr. the zx10 is a balls out bike with little forgiveness and the honda looks a littel more defined....i am looking for a bike to ride that is comfterable with good power and handeling....i ve sat on both and i think the kaw is way more comfterabel...while the 1000rr provides an aggressive position that i also like, i dont know if till be good for hours for consistant riding (i mean comfterably wise). any suggestions, anybody ride both and have any good imput????

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'd get the Kawi... its the new busa of the motorcycle world... Well until the new BMW 1200s comes out this September.

p.s. a new honda blackbird is in the works, I'd hold out for it, you just know she's gonna be sweeeet.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I`m as comfortable on my 1000rr as I was on my 600rr so I dont think that`ll be an issue for you if you go with the Honda. I`m talking 4 to 5 hour rides, not just some riding around.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've only seen some 'artist concept' pics in an article ... may wanna search motorcyclistonline.com I think thats where I read about it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
ZX10 has the *WORST* display ever created. It's also a Kawasaki. I'd look at the Gix1k if I were you. Sooooo comfortable and soooooo fast. The seat has been called "too soft" on by some magazines.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm surprised all of you 600rr riders don't like the 1000rr. I've ridden the ZX10 and I own the 1000rr. It depends what your looking for. If your into winning dyno shootouts and want to be the fastest in a straight line then maybe the ZX10 is your bike. The downside of the ZX10 is it fries your left leg (serious heat) and feels like a cheap piece of crap compared to the honda. If you want a highly refined bike with honda quality then get the 1000rr. Some people just can't handle getting a bike that the "dyno" shows has a few hp less. The kawi will not out perform the honda, unless of course your into spec sheet racing.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sub said:
I'm surprised all of you 600rr riders don't like the 1000rr. I've ridden the ZX10 and I own the 1000rr. It depends what your looking for. If your into winning dyno shootouts and want to be the fastest in a straight line then maybe the ZX10 is your bike. The downside of the ZX10 is it fries your left leg (serious heat) and feels like a cheap piece of crap compared to the honda. If you want a highly refined bike with honda quality then get the 1000rr. Some people just can't handle getting a bike that the "dyno" shows has a few hp less. The kawi will not out perform the honda, unless of course your into spec sheet racing.
\

The ZX10 is far superior on the twisties also, weighs significantly less than the 1000rr (actually dry weight of the ZX10 is very close to our 600rr). I have no clue what you're talking about with the ZX10 frying your left leg. Better get that bike checked out. Only gripe with the ZX10 is the tach/display and that it really needs to come with a steering dampner stock. Take apart a ZX10 and take apart your 1000rr...Another reason I like the Kawi better, much easier to deal with when doing work on the bike.

·
Registered
504 Posts
ugh

RevLars said:
ZX10 has the *WORST* display ever created. It's also a Kawasaki. I'd look at the Gix1k if I were you. Sooooo comfortable and soooooo fast. The seat has been called "too soft" on by some magazines.
I guess it's all personal preference...I hate that GSXR1000.
I agree the display on the zx10 sucks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i am looking for a bike to ride that is comfterable with good power and handeling
why not look into a gix750, better handling than a 1000 and maybe the power that you are looking for

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ditto, I'm not sure what my next bike will be but the 750 is definitely gonna be on the list to look

·
Registered
242 Posts
geremy said:
The ZX-10r will probably be far easier to maitain than the 1000rr....
It may be easier, but also more often :lol2:

·
Registered
127 Posts
antpRR said:
Sub said:
\

The ZX10 is far superior on the twisties also, weighs significantly less than the 1000rr (actually dry weight of the ZX10 is very close to our 600rr). I have no clue what you're talking about with the ZX10 frying your left leg. Better get that bike checked out. Only gripe with the ZX10 is the tach/display and that it really needs to come with a steering dampner stock. Take apart a ZX10 and take apart your 1000rr...Another reason I like the Kawi better, much easier to deal with when doing work on the bike.
Well I hope you have based this opinion on actually riding both bikes because I have. If you have ridden both bikes then I respect your opinion on the subject. There is no doubt serious heat issues on the left leg which has also been mentioned in alot of the magazine reviews so I know I wasn't imagining things. I'm not trying to imply the ZX10 is a bad bike, I think it all depends on what your looking for. I would rate the 04' liter bikes in this order on which I would prefer:

1 CBR
2 ZX10
3 Close tie between Gixxer and R1, probably R1 due to newer design.

You have to realize you are litterally splitting hairs with these bikes. It's just like the 600 class, the 600rr is what, 15 lbs. heavier than the other bikes? does that make it inferior? Hell no, it makes it more stable and easier to put the power down just like the 1000rr. In the World supersport the 600rr just hands it to the R6 every race. How can it do that when it weighs more? (I use this series as a reference because honda really isn't competing against Yamaha or kawasaki in AMA supersport or formula extreme) If extra weight makes the bike perform better than it's a good thing. If a race was won by the guy with the best power to weight ratio then great, give it to the kawi but we all know it doesn't work that way. You have to be able to use that power, not to say that the other's can not but that is honda's number one focus and probably why they give up a few lbs. and who cares about 3-5 hp? I like the ZX10, but you can not compare build quality with the 1000rr. The ZX10 feels like everything is made of plastic, and you would feel this difference if you rode them back to back as I have and as the ZX10 owner has and felt the same way, though he loves his bike he admitted the honda is better quality. buy the kawi if you want bragging rights but also get a great bike, buy the honda if you want a bike that's easy to ride with high refinement that will perform right along side the ZX10. Realize that the weight difference is due to a lack of Titanium exhaust on the honda compared to the other bikes, and also the Pro link suspension (good thing). If your gonna race your gonna put an exhaust on anyways so there goes 12-15 lbs. off the honda and then your talking about 5-10 lbs. difference. Of course this is all just my opinion, buy what appeals to you and ride the **** out of it. Everyone just be careful eh.

·
Registered
504 Posts
agreed

Hondas are the best built, longest lasting. When I buy a bike I usually only plan on having it for two years at most anyway.
You're right nowadays they're so close it's just personal preference. I honestly didnt feel the heat issue you mentioned..but I only rode it a few times.

·
Registered
127 Posts
yeah, I spent over an hour on the ZX10 and I have no reason to just bash the bike. I wasn't sure at first if it was just because it was a warm day (about 90 F) or not but it was uncomfortable. when I got back on my 1000rr I knew for sure the kawi had heat issues on the left side. I think it's because of the hose coming from the radiator the ties back in right inside your left leg (hose looks cheap as well). I'm not necessarily buying a bike planning on keeping it forever but I figure my 1000rr is good for 3-4 years until the new redesign and I get the lust again. I like the stability of the honda, call it boring or Vanilla but why would you want a bike that isn't easy to ride? instead of worrying about the bike spinning up the tire or lifting the front wheel you can worry about your line into the corner, braking, etc... Now, if your into stunting definately get the ZX10 because the honda does not like to life the front wheel. It will come up don't get me wrong, but it isn't wheelie prone. I'd love to get a ride on the new R1 and Gixxer so I have first hand comparison of all four. The only Gixxer I have ridden is an 03' 600 and guess what, it felt cheap as well. In fact, my friend who had just bought it made the mistake of getting on my 600rr and lusted after the thing for almost a year. He finally went down and got himself a new 1000rr, he wouldn't ever touch a gixxer again. Not because it's a bad bike, but because he like myself likes the quality feel of the honda and the stability. Just my .02 (I'm actually up to about .08 now.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts