Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I just graduated and entered the dismal job market of our recessed economy (US) in December. My first bike was a 600rr that I destroyed in a canyon on my 20th birthday. I absolutely loved the bike, but had very little to compare it to until I saved a couple grand up and blew it on a 00 gsxr 750.

I like my gixxer a lot, though it has had some mechanical problems along the way, and it is like one of the family. However, I promised myself that when I got a decent paying job I was going to fill the cbr void that Ive been dealing with since the sad departure of my 03.

About two months ago I took a job out in Doha, Qatar and almost immediately went to check out the bike situation at the few showrooms littered around the peninsula. Now Im almost done with my 3 month probation period and will most likely be staying to build my resume a bit and allow the US job market to bounce back some more before I try to find employment state side again (or at least some place that isnt under the domineering islamic laws).

The big issue is that theres only one shop for each of the respective bike manufacturers and everyone but the Kawasaki dealership wants an arm and a leg for some their showroom sportbikes. The Honda distributor is asking the same price for the 09 that they are charging for the '10 which is about 14300 US. As such and coupled with the bike shootouts Ive been reading, have been nearly persuaded to go with the zx6r because I got the dealer to about 9500 for their 09 (keep in mind there is no tax here) or paying around the same for the triumph 675..

The more I read about the zx, the more I hear about little issues that its having, like pulsing power at around 10k rpms or chatter under heavy brakeing. I think I might be back to the Honda shop because it just feels shitty to think about cheating on my red blooded nature again, but how do I justify the cost? Im definitely going back to the dealership to break balls on their 600rr's because in the long run I would probably be happier with it, but Im just so torn right now.

Luckily I have another month to figure it out... and judging by forum Ive chosen to ask for advice on, you all know which direction Im leaning, but anyway... since we all know people who ride the competitors super sports, what have you guys heard? and keeping the drastic range in pricing, what do you think?

·
Registered
411 Posts
There are a lot of shops around. I would try to find the best deal and travel if need be. Or see if the respective shops are willing to match prices from others.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
What about buying one here and shipping?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I was thinking about the 675, but Ive read that they dont like to be thrashed that much and tend to, if nothing else, burn oil. Also, I hear the undertail exhaust heats things up quite a bit... and I dont know how much fun thatlll be at 120 degrees with 75% humidity.

My co-workers think its crazy too, but they think its dumb to ride in a country with such dangerous drivers. Not to mention Ill have to hitch-hike about a half mile into work because they dont allow motorbikes on my jobsite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts