Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help here fellas...I'm looking to buy a rear stand for my 07 600RR and want to find out what are the best names out there.

Also, i haven't done too much research on rear stands and need to know if there is anything that i need to keep an eye out for when buying one. All of your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if any of ya'll have one that you want off your hands...i might be interested. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
IMO don't waste your money on brand name stands,,, I got a set (font and Rear) from Canadian Tire for $100.00 so that is like $80.00 USD,, they work great

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have the Pit Bull Forward Handle rear stand and I love it.
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=78

I like it because I can hold the bike upright while standing next to the seat to put it on the stand, which I think is a safer way to lift the bike than say the traditional handle rear stand which has a handle that sticks out from the rear.

Also, with a forward handle, there is less chance of someone tripping over the handle while the bike is lifted.
I would also get some swingarm spools to use with a rear stand as I think they are more secure than non-spooled stands.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Need a little help here fellas...I'm looking to buy a rear stand for my 07 600RR and want to find out what are the best names out there.

Also, i haven't done too much research on rear stands and need to know if there is anything that i need to keep an eye out for when buying one. All of your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if any of ya'll have one that you want off your hands...i might be interested. Thanks ahead of time.
MOST all companies make a good stand. The prices range from $80 - $140
So there is quite a difference.
Some other features that separate one from another is transportation and how much room it takes in your garage (if that is an issue)

We carry the Vortex stands which are very similar to PB, but they can be broken down in a matter of seconds to take a whoping 2 inches high folded flat or you can hang them on the wall, and nothing sticks out. BIG PLUS FEATURE

http://www.hardracing.com/Misc/VORTEXSTANDS.htm

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you have ever seen poorly made/cheap rear stand break and actually drop a bike.....then you'll go with a quality product. Go with Pitbull rearstands, great stand that'll last damn near forever. American made and great quality :)

--Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts