Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started doing track days with my 05 rr and since I'm braking harder and later for turns I've noticed after a 20 min session they start to feel squishy. I'm looking to upgrade everything. I need a brembo master cylinder, braided lines (front&rear), possibly rotors (front&rear) and possibly calipers. I want to start dropping my lap times and get started racing but I want to upgrade my brake system before I start pushing harder. I'd also like smoked, clear, or red braided brake lines. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Rotors and calipers aren't useful until you're running alien times. What pads do you have now? Pads are the #1 element in braking fade; non-race pads will fade pretty quickly. Someone is selling an Accossato master cylinder in the classifieds for a great price which would be a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using ebc double sintered h pads or whatever pads are one step down from their race pads

·
BOTM Winner 07/16
880 Posts
What brake fluid are you running?

I run Motul RBF 600 With Brembo SC Compound, standard everything else including the lines; no brake fade whatsover and we have a 230ph to 70 kph braking on the back straight and only 1m 14-16s lap time so not much time for the brake to cool down.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Change your fluid.. Looks like you're cooking it.

That's about the same kind of braking that we do.

Give the Motul RBF600 a try; they're not that expensive.

Ok I'll give it a try. I'd like to upgrade everything before I change the fluid. So if anyone sees these parts before I do Id appreciate it if you post the link or tell me where it's at. Thanks again guys for the help. I just need to figure out this skipping issue I'm having. Read my other post and see if you guys can help.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
A lot of 03-06 riders do the upgrade to the 07+ master cylinder and cutoff switch, it's a nice upgrade for cheap and you get the better fuel cutoff switch which allows for more bar configs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts