Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to the world of riders and uneducated on possible motorcycle mods, their benefits, options, brands and opinions and therefore in a need of solid information on all of the above. Looking for some sites that brake it down better then others. I rather do that then ask the same questions everyone else did and piss people off. been there done that.. haha.

So if anyone can provide a site that was helpful to them. Something that goes into farther details. list of possible mods... prices, suggestions and so on...

cheers

p.s. I own 09 600.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Honestly, this forum is full of info. Lots of people trying lots of different things. Just look around. I don't think there is a mod out there that hasn't been done by someone on this board. From slip-ons and Power Commanders, to building full engines. I've even seen a dude build his own single sided swingarm CBR. This place is a gold mine for CBR info.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, this forum is full of info. Lots of people trying lots of different things. Just look around. I don't think there is a mod out there that hasn't been done by someone on this board. From slip-ons and Power Commanders, to building full engines. I've even seen a dude build his own single sided swingarm CBR. This place is a gold mine for CBR info.
I do not dough it and I had been reading it for weeks even before getting a bike. but some stuff is unclear and i don't like asking stupid questions... so never mind...

·
Registered
991 Posts
If you dont ask dumb questions you will never learn. Some people might give you grief but thats part of being a new guy. Ask a question and someone will give you a link to a page on this site where someone did a 5 page breakdown of whatever it is you need. Seriously, every question you can ever have about a CBR can be answered here.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I do not dough it and I had been reading it for weeks even before getting a bike. but some stuff is unclear and i don't like asking stupid questions... so never mind...
If you've done your research and still have questions, then go ahead and ask. I think what we don't like is some people who haven't done a basic search using the search button. For instance, what are the best HID's or what 5k/6k should I get, etc.

Is this going to be your first bike? If you've been reading for weeks then you probably know that a lot of us think the 600rr is not a good first bike.

EDIT: Opps, I didn't see the part where it said you owned a 09 600. Yeah just start reading what other people have done their their bikes and pro and cons of it. There was a thread recently of "Your top 3 mods" or something like that, where people rated must have mods like HID's, or upgraded levers, tires, etc.
Here's the thread:
What is your favorite mod?
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=168399&highlight=favorite

·
Registered
646 Posts
I wasn't trying to be discouraging by any means. All I'm saying is this forum is full of great info. If you dont understand something, or just want to know more, ask away! One thing about this forum, tons of great people who enjoy working on and discussing motorcyles. I know I have learned a lot here, and learn something new everytime I visit.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey man, welcome.

This is what I would rate in order of importance to mods on your bike:

(1) New Tires: Nothing is better than having a set of brand new tires on your 600RR when your old tires need to go (a lot of people will debate that the Battlax BT 016 vs. Michelin PP, kind of like the age old debate of an AK47 vs. M16... different styles, good for different things).. research those two, see what fits your needs better.

(2) Slip On Exhaust /Some sort of Fender Eliminator: Nobody likes a stock exhaust, and if you're whore hunting on a Friday night, even though the drunk jailbait may know absolutely nothing about bikes, chicks can tell when there's a stock exhaust/fender crap on it.. they can pick up on that **** lol ;)
Some popular slip-on exhausts:
- Jardine RT-1
- Akrapovic
- Hyperflo
- Two Brothers

(3) HID: Reasearch them, great investment. High visibility to cars and looks sweet. Can't go wrong

Those are the basics in my opinion, but if you're looking for performance mods, just google "best cbr 600rr performance mods" see what pops up.

If you have any more questions, search first, if you can't find anything, ask.. some people might grieve, but for the most part this place is filled with helpful guys.

Have fun, but ride safe brother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts