Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MAXIMUS
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good place that sells rear cowl? I saw a seller on eBay but he just list RED for the color and has not answered my emails asking if they were the R157 color code to match the red on my 03 RR. I lost my rear cowl the other day as it flew off on the freeway, not sure how it happend, probably didn't latch it firmly enough. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Lucky that didn't take out some cager behind you.

I got in a 6 car pileup years back cause this broad cranked the wheel when some debris came at her. She hung it sideways at 65mph and pinballed off the guardrails on both sides.

Don't let that happen again

- If its the HRC part, it should match.
My pearl orange HRC cowl was right on w/ colormatch. Ebay- $180 shipped

·
MAXIMUS
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention there were 4 bikers behind me in the carpool lane when it happend, thank goodness they were a decent length back and it was far enough for them to react to the flying cowl and avoid it. Man I would not be able to forgive myself if my careless-ness caused someone else to go down and worse, get terribly hurt or even killed. I make sure to double, tripple and quadruable check my rear seat everytime I take off now. Big lesson learned.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
That sucks to hear. You can get your cowl you need for probably $140 shipped off ebay. Look for a certified honda dealer who lists on ebay...

·
MAXIMUS
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
147 Posts
^^Its all the same dude..03-06 are all the same cowl...i have a "03" cowl on my 05

·
MAXIMUS
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I won the auction, seller is pretty cool too- he said if it doesn't fit just send it back for a full refund. I hope it fits, this is a deal at $110.95 including shipping, other sellers are selling it for $200 shipped.

EVERYONE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR REAR COWL BEFORE TAKING OFF, BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am looking for one, does anyone have one for sale?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts