Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to do some research on track days right now to present a case to my command. Anyone know some resources I could use to find stuff like crash rates at track days and races, and injury percentages and severity of those crashes? All the street info I can find no problem, but it's a bit harder finding track stats.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm not sure you could find something like that, because track org. are private businesses and aren't open to the public like your accidents that happen on the street, ie involving police making out reports and filing it with the DPS, but I bet if you email some track org. then you could possibly get a rough est. on track crash to injury info. *shrug* and besides 96% of statistics are made up on the spot LOL

N

·
0 Posts
RDeazy said:
I'm not sure you could find something like that, because track org. are private businesses and aren't open to the public like your accidents that happen on the street, ie involving police making out reports and filing it with the DPS, but I bet if you email some track org. then you could possibly get a rough est. on track crash to injury info. *shrug*
+1

They keep a log for their records but for you to do an accurate stat report the best bet is to do a random sampling.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a start sort of...no real stats, however if you look at the Hurt Study, you'll find that the chances of crashing are pretty low since the only real factor is rider error...which was and is a big one. But if you take the probability of crashing with the probability of getting hurt, it's actually pretty safe. Just need to get the injury info so I'll have something more solid than we have runoff areas, gravel pits, and tire walls.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Curious as to the regulations that your trying to get around. Is it Air force? What do they say is a no no?

·
Registered
192 Posts
if you damage yourself and cannot return to full duty, the command can charge you with destruction of government property. as stupid as it sounds i saw it happen to some buddies of mine when they got sunburned so badly they had blisters the size of quarters. i don't know if there is an actual regulation, but i do know if they want to get you, they most defidently will.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
our command has its own zero tolerance policy. ticket, crash, etc...they pull your base decal. As I live in the barracks, this would suck. If you lay it down on the track, the CO will still pull the decal. I'm trying to go through our ground safety officer to possibly get the CO to allow track days as a no harm no foul type thing so we can at least have some way of having fun without worrying about the command.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Gotcha, that sux. I wish you luck. A buddy of mine is in a similar situation and ill pass the info on this thread to him.

usmcr6 said:
our command has its own zero tolerance policy. ticket, crash, etc...they pull your base decal. As I live in the barracks, this would suck. If you lay it down on the track, the CO will still pull the decal. I'm trying to go through our ground safety officer to possibly get the CO to allow track days as a no harm no foul type thing so we can at least have some way of having fun without worrying about the command.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
rotorblade said:
if you damage yourself and cannot return to full duty, the command can charge you with destruction of government property. as stupid as it sounds i saw it happen to some buddies of mine when they got sunburned so badly they had blisters the size of quarters. i don't know if there is an actual regulation, but i do know if they want to get you, they most defidently will.
yes this is definitely true. its a stupid rule. but yes its floating around in the military. really depends how anal the unit/command is about sh!t like that. if it affects military/work time... i.e. unable to perform duties, or affects personal professional appearance then.
my friends (already out) have been threatened to get written up because of their newly made tattoo's. destruction of govt property.....yes it sucks....the govt owns our asses for now. lol

usmcr6 said:
hmmmmm you got me curious now. im wondering about my command SOP/policy. gonna have to investigate this for myself. ill be lookin into trying out trackdays in the future months. theres alot of military members here that do trackdays and ive not seen a post on any prob's with their units.

i must say....your CO is pretty anal. pulling decals, i understand for tickets to a certain extent....the main one...speeding. but for crashing....no one can predict that. thats pretty lame to me.
as for trackdays....its in a controlled environment. i understand one of his ways he's looking at it.....being injured and out of work for it.....but that can happen to any recreational activity...swimming/drowning, rock climbing, bicycling, basketball/broken ankle, wrists, weightlifting/pulled muscle, any physical activity etc etc yada yada yada.
i just think its stupid....im going to find out with my command now and see how they run things and feel about trackdays.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i remember when i was getting out, back in 02, the corps as a whole was starting to really crack down on traffice offense. back then i think we had one of the highest death/injury toll with autos for the entire armed forces. even though, it still sounds like your co got a stick up his ass. did he just pick up the command? that usually when they think they can change the world and start trying stupid crap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts