Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find the keirrinan racing web site, does anyone know the web address for them, they had spark plugs on there really cheap, or does anyone know where to get them?

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
r6beater said:
WherzRoony said:
NGK?? Baah! Anyone know if Bosch makes a Platinum +4 for these bikes, I may add that to the list of winter mods.
you know something that HRC , Erion and Ten Kate don't know about NGK ?
I've put the bosch platinum +4's in every vehicle I own. They get hotter and stay cleaner. Truthfully any spark plug will do the trick but I prefer the Bosch.

·
Registered
513 Posts
WherzRoony, ya don't want them to get hotter , that leads toward pre-ignition . i have yet to foul a plug on a street going four stroke , sport bike . with well over 200k on them , and all on NGK , i don't see your point . stay cleaner ? these aren't two-strokes , and they're FI at that , maybe back in the points days i could see it .

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts

Uhh, Looks like any ordinary spark plug, single spark path, gap adjustment required.

Now that's a spark plug, Varied spark path, platinum electrode for maximum electrical flow, the ceramic coated platinum electrode stays cleaner. Platinum has similar electrical characteristics as gold.

I'll stick with my Bosch

Did you ever consider that the Race Teams that use NGK are getting paid to do so. It's called sponsorship.

·
Registered
513 Posts
WherzRoony said:

Uhh, Looks like any ordinary spark plug, single spark path, gap adjustment required.

Now that's a spark plug, Varied spark path, platinum electrode for maximum electrical flow, the ceramic coated platinum electrode stays cleaner. Platinum has similar electrical characteristics as gold.

I'll stick with my Bosch

Did you ever consider that the Race Teams that use NGK are getting paid to do so. It's called sponsorship.
gapping plugs is a big no-no . check the gap , and if it's incorrect , use a different one , do not attempt to correct it . if the bosch was better , don't you think the big-four would use them instead of ngk and denso?

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
r6beater said:
gapping plugs is a big no-no . check the gap , and if it's incorrect , use a different one , do not attempt to correct it . if the bosch was better , don't you think the big-four would use them instead of ngk and denso?
NGK are probably cheaper, Why do you thinlk fords, GM's and Dodges come with Autolite spark plugs. Because they are the cheapest available. Do you really think Honda or any other motorcycle manufacturer wants to drop another $25 bucks in cost worth of Bosch Platinums into the bike when an NGK would work just fine for half of the cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts