Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i tried posting a lil on the new memebrs section ha prolly no answers cause it really is off subject in there. i live as far south as one can live in the states so i am planning on getting a bike i can ride throughout the whole year. i went to a honda suzuki dealer and i sat on a 600rr and a gsxr and personally the cbr just felt better to me. possibly it might have something to do with my height since i am around 5'11 and weigh about 170. im a young fella tho although that does not mean i am getting this bike as a first. i started riding at a very young age afraid ot the 100 yamaha rt i had. i rode it through 2 clutch replacements and a total overhaul before moving on to a 250 cruiser. i never really had plans of getting a sports bike until i rode my brothers 500 ninja and well honostly i fell in love with the way they felt under me. but to the point.....i want a bike that i can ride the distance because living in the 2nd biggest state in the us sometimes commuting to town can be a 40 mile thing and i want a bike that i can sit on for that distance but still have that supersport power. It seems as though people are telling me the new cbr's are rather comfortable and i am wondering wat everyone opinion on the matter is. a few people here have told me to get a gsxr but personally i think they are ugly and they just dont suit me to well....although i am open to opinion here i just want to know by people who have been riding supersport for some time which bike offers comfort and power...i guess i mean which bike offers a better altogether package

·
Registered
188 Posts
between a gsxr and cbr i don't think there's much difference in comfort. neither are particularly comfortable bikes, but i can easily spend 3-4 hours riding w/o any discomfort in the canyons. if i'm doing mostly freeway though, i'll get tired in 30-40 minutes compared to a more comfortable bike like any naked bike.

if you want comfort but power, there are plenty of options like the fz1, sv1000, monster, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i didnt really want to get a bigger bike and i honostly drool when i see the cbr i was going to the dealer to check out some of the simpler bikes like the gsx600f and i guess something consumed me as i walked past it and stared at the cbr...those things look beautiful but it is possible for u to ride for 30 min or so at a speed of around 70? the reason i ask is because the speed limit in texas even on a two lane road is 70 mph so one barely sees 55 like in many other states and i was wondering if one can handle pulling 75 for that long on a cbr?

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
using the right posture you can ride for longer distances. I've ridden for hours on the interstate here. Just remember, on these bikes it will never be truly comfortable...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well that is good to hear........i really want a cbr and that was about the only thing keeping me from getting a supersport bike

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
On sport bikes is something that you just have to get use to, the more you ride on a sport bike your body will adjust to it. At first you will be sore later on your body will adapt to it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i assume there are a few rules that one must follow on a supersport that u do not have to follow on some of the lesser bikes as well. such as i noticed on a dirtbike u can use the gears to rev your bike down and on a ninja that was a terrible idea! haha i guess i will also have to learn a cbr just like going from a dirtbike to a cruiser or ninja and so on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts