Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
leather is noce, and people look at ypu different form the fux riding next to you in vans and a t shirt. you looks smart and educated, because your dressed for the fall, not the ride.

i wear jeans, but when i do, A* knee gaurds are underneath them. ALWAYS got on boots, full fingered gauntlet gloves and a leather jacket.

i ahve a 1 pc that i still havent worn yet, and track pants for when i know im gonna hit the twisties.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
i have a pair of jeans and a red hoody that has survived about 4 lowsides. i still wear them, its my favorite combo. if it were leathers, sure, i probably wouldnt have that quarter size scar on my knee, or that patch on my elbow, but wounds heal for free. and pants are cheap and youd probably kick your self in them if you crashed on some expencive leathers riding at a non-leathal pace.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
then buy a full suit, if not that then armour to go under your jeans and top....

you it full protection, get gloves, you gotta have gloves

·
19,904 Posts
knee armour, just get the Alpinestars reflex knee gaurd.

K

·
0 Posts
Leather up, neck to ankles. Buy boots the protect your ankle from making odd angles. leather gloves, full gaunlet, preferably from Held or Alpinestars top shelf. Helmet... um, something light, comfortable, and can vent air well. I've got a Carbon AC12 i bought from Nick and Andrew @ MRI (a site sponsor) so ask them if they still got that $300 deal going on. i'm in love with it.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
If you don't want leather pants get some Icon riding jeans. I went down in a pair this weekend and they held up great. No scuffs or tears. Don't forget the knee guards.

·
19,904 Posts
If you don't want leather pants get some Icon riding jeans. I went down in a pair this weekend and they held up great. No scuffs or tears. Don't forget the knee guards.
you went down this weekend? WTF? where is the thread?
what happened? how's the bike?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Leather up, neck to ankles. Buy boots the protect your ankle from making odd angles. leather gloves, full gaunlet, preferably from Held or Alpinestars top shelf. Helmet... um, something light, comfortable, and can vent air well. I've got a Carbon AC12 i bought from Nick and Andrew @ MRI (a site sponsor) so ask them if they still got that $300 deal going on. i'm in love with it.
HAHAHAHAHAHA, and then some of us ARENT made of money. wow, to get all that you said he would be in the hole for probably about 2000$ roughly. or icon jeans for like 150$. good boots is ok. good gloves is a must. any lid will save your life as long as its DOT and Snell approved. ive seen people die on the track wearing the best quality gear out there. and then theres fools like me who get away with jeans and a long sleave shirt.

·
19,904 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA, and then some of us ARENT made of money. wow, to get all that you said he would be in the hole for probably about 2000$ roughly. or icon jeans for like 150$. good boots is ok. good gloves is a must. any lid will save your life as long as its DOT and Snell approved. ive seen people die on the track wearing the best quality gear out there. and then theres fools like me who get away with jeans and a long sleave shirt.
skin graph and plastic surgery costs more.
If you cant afford the gear you cant afford the bike.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
you went down this weekend? WTF? where is the thread?
what happened? how's the bike?
I haven't posted a thread, I've been out of it this week.
I lost a good friend of 10 years or more.
To make a long story short. We were going down a curvey back road, we get to this strait and it looks like it drops down hill.(we had road signs for every curve until this point) As soon as the roads starts down hill I'm lookng for the road and I'll be damm it's is dropping to our left. I now I'm going down, tried to scrub as much speed as possible off and make the curve but the bikes low sides. I slide into a soft shoulder and stop. jumped up to worn the other riders. When they went by I counted them and came up one short. I immediately start looking for Kris. His bike is up maybe 20 yards from me. I get to him and it is already looking bad. He didn't make it.

I'll make a thread for this tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts