Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that CMP holds some trackdays, but I don't know of any other tracks in the area (besides VIR).

Are there any trackdays coming up in North Carolina/Virgina any time soon?

I'm not really too sure where to look for this info/etc.

Thanks for the help guys!

Joe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check out NESBA.com

The only good tracks around here are CMP and VIR, but I prefer VIR. I'm pretty sure they have a lot of events at VIR this summer, one at North Course this month, and I'll be doing the one on Full Course on July 16th. You should come. $195 for members.

·
Registered
903 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check out NESBA.com

The only good tracks around here are CMP and VIR, but I prefer VIR. I'm pretty sure they have a lot of events at VIR this summer, one at North Course this month, and I'll be doing the one on Full Course on July 16th. You should come. $195 for members.
That would be fun!

I'm itching to get to the track, but don't know how to get started. :/

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
That would be fun!

I'm itching to get to the track, but don't know how to get started. :/

It's easier than you think meng. Check out the Org's website and figure out what you need for gear for yourself and bike prep requirements. After that if you don't have a trailer just ask around here or the local forum, i'm sure someone can help you with a ride or trailer your bike down to the track.

It's a lot of fun!

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Most of our guys hit CMP and VIR regularly. They also run down to Road Atlanta and Roebling Road near Savannah, GA. Also, don't forget about Jenning in Flordia. The FL and GA tracks may be a bit of a drive but are tons of fun.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It's easier than you think meng. Check out the Org's website and figure out what you need for gear for yourself and bike prep requirements. After that if you don't have a trailer just ask around here or the local forum, i'm sure someone can help you with a ride or trailer your bike down to the track.

It's a lot of fun!
I have all the gear, besides slider pucks. I guess I'm just nervous to pull the trigger because I don't really have anyone to go with to be like, "Yeah dude let's go!"

VIR is only 2 hours away; I was thinking about just driving the bike up there and having my girlfriend tag along in her car.

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. I hope I can get to the track soon. :banger:

Most of our guys hit CMP and VIR regularly. They also run down to Road Atlanta and Roebling Road near Savannah, GA. Also, don't forget about Jenning in Flordia. The FL and GA tracks may be a bit of a drive but are tons of fun.
All tracks that I'd love to attend.

Is there another forum that you guys are on?

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
I have all the gear, besides slider pucks. I guess I'm just nervous to pull the trigger because I don't really have anyone to go with to be like, "Yeah dude let's go!"

VIR is only 2 hours away; I was thinking about just driving the bike up there and having my girlfriend tag along in her car.

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. I hope I can get to the track soon. :banger:

All tracks that I'd love to attend.

Is there another forum that you guys are on?

Slider pucks for the suit or for the bike? I don't think your goal should be to be draggin knee on your first trackday. Just have fun.

You should find some local forums with track junkies. Google it if you have to. People are willing to help you out if you're willing to help them out. Riding 8 or 9 sessions on the track is going to make you tired meng. Riding home after that might be asking too much. Ask around for a ride and someone should have an open spot.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Slider pucks for the suit or for the bike? I don't think your goal should be to be draggin knee on your first trackday. Just have fun.

You should find some local forums with track junkies. Google it if you have to. People are willing to help you out if you're willing to help them out. Riding 8 or 9 sessions on the track is going to make you tired meng. Riding home after that might be asking too much. Ask around for a ride and someone should have an open spot.
Slider pucks for my suit. I don't plan on draggin' knee first day. I really want to work on head/body position, braking, etc. I just figured that the knee pucks were a necessity.

All the local forums that I've found aren't very active. :(

I'll have to keep looking, or find some people on here.

Yeah, that was my main concern as well. If I could find someone to go with, who could trailer my bike along with theirs, that would be superb.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Off-topic, but I saw your thread about NHMS.

My parents live up in NH, and I might be moving back up that way. If that's the case, I'll definitely be attending some of the upcoming NHMS events, as that track is about 15 minutes from my old apartment up there.

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Off-topic, but I saw your thread about NHMS.

My parents live up in NH, and I might be moving back up that way. If that's the case, I'll definitely be attending some of the upcoming NHMS events, as that track is about 15 minutes from my old apartment up there.

Lets do this meng!! Get back here before Aug 8th so I can sleep at your apt on the 9th! :shakehand:crackup:

EDIT - Less than a week away from my first two trackdays (June 15/16th) i'm about to sign up for my next one and its on July 5th. Be careful the track bug is a very powerful one! :crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lets do this meng!! Get back here before Aug 8th so I can sleep at your apt on the 9th! :shakehand:crackup:

EDIT - Less than a week away from my first two trackdays (June 15/16th) i'm about to sign up for my next one and its on July 5th. Be careful the track bug is a very powerful one! :crackup::crackup:
Haha, I'm sure I'll be back before then, so I'll definitely let you know. :banger:

Oh yeah, I'm sure. I get addicted easily. I'm addicted to the local go-kart track, and to running my VR4 at the track. Gets expensive. :banghead:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts