Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding for a couple of years. Now I would like to start racing. I don't think I could bring myself to riding my 05 RR on the track. I would really like some advice on how to do this without going broke. I am in the northern Va. area. Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

·
Registered
813 Posts
buy a used sv650.....they're awesome once you do the suspension. Also the parts are easier on the wallet, and the v-twin class isn't as cut throat as the 600 class.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hmm, If you are just beginning, it might be wise to start off in a 50 class.

Do a search on YSR50, NSR50, GPR50, and I think youll find all you need to know.

Also, teamcalamari.com is a great site for these nifty little machines.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Doesn't matter what you ride, you're going to go broke! Luckily it's addictive and you won't be able to wipe the smile from your face!

Tits and tyres, it always cost money!

·
Registered
156 Posts
J3rmz731 said:
buy a used sv650.....they're awesome once you do the suspension. Also the parts are easier on the wallet, and the v-twin class isn't as cut throat as the 600 class.
+1

Mid twins is the coolest class around. Racing a SV is a fraction of the cost (just tires alone!), and will make you faster in the long run should you choose to jump up later.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i wouldn't go as far as starting on a 50, but i would suggest starting with a 125, assuming your build allows it... it's the best bike you could start road racing on. you can buy one for fairly cheap, they don't eat up tires like an SV or a 600, and they crash well...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts