Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to go look at an 08 graffiti edition this weekend if everything pans out I'll be getting it. Now I'm stuck on what to do with my current 06...keep it and start using it as track bike or just sell it and throw some mods and re coupe some money on getting the 08. I'm back and forth on both.

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the thing is I'm not sure how much I would go to the track and I dont really need the funds but they would be nice to have back. I may hold onto the 06 for awhile and decide after or do a track day and see how I feel about it from there.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I dont understand. Dont you wanna go the the track as much as possible? Time and money are the only thing holding me back haha. Wait no its just money

·
Registered
966 Posts
06 is a much better street bike. Keep riding it and turn 08 into trackbike.

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont understand. Dont you wanna go the the track as much as possible? Time and money are the only thing holding me back haha. Wait no its just money

Time money and distance. The bank employee I was dealing with today told me her b/f does track stuff and it was kinda pricey not sure I would do it a lot of the time.

06 is a much better street bike. Keep riding it and turn 08 into trackbike.
Naaa, the 08 would be much better then my 06

·
Registered
966 Posts
Naaa, the 08 would be much better then my 06
As a street bike? Have you ridden both? 07+ has a stumble at anything below 4000rpm, the 03-06's don't. I have my girlfirends 06 RR and my 08 in my garage along with many others of both models in the past. There is a reason the 06 is a streetbike and the 08 got stripped for track use.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Time money and distance. The bank employee I was dealing with today told me her b/f does track stuff and it was kinda pricey not sure I would do it a lot of the time.
It's like any other hobby, it can be done on the cheap, or can rapidly get expensive. If all you're doing is taking a bike to the track and running for the day/weekend, only cost is that of the track day, food, and gas. You'll wear through tires a bit quicker but you can likely do a full season of track days on a single set of decent street rubber.

Where it gets expensive is when you really get into it and start running race slicks, doing upgrades to the bike, and getting into racing.

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As a street bike? Have you ridden both? 07+ has a stumble at anything below 4000rpm, the 03-06's don't. I have my girlfirends 06 RR and my 08 in my garage along with many others of both models in the past. There is a reason the 06 is a streetbike and the 08 got stripped for track use.

Have you ridden my 06? Then you dont know the quirks issues and things I dont like about it.

It's like any other hobby, it can be done on the cheap, or can rapidly get expensive. If all you're doing is taking a bike to the track and running for the day/weekend, only cost is that of the track day, food, and gas. You'll wear through tires a bit quicker but you can likely do a full season of track days on a single set of decent street rubber.

Where it gets expensive is when you really get into it and start running race slicks, doing upgrades to the bike, and getting into racing.
Yeah I deff wont get into the racing aspect. I do want to at least try it out and try and midi-gate the cost as much as possible. I've always said I would love to have a track and street bike but said it in terms of thinking it would never be a possibility but now that there is a good chance of it happening I at least want to give it a go.

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
940 Posts
That graffiti one in person is so freakin awesome! I had no respect for it till I saw my buddies in person. It is AWESOME!

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's good to hear! I'll take some pics and post them when I actually get to see it tomorrow. I already have a mod list planned out lol. It's begging for a Yoshi CF Exhaust and it needs some red accents like wheel tape, brake lines and levers. I think that will break the black up just enough plus I have a red helmet.

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
congrats, yeah id keep the 06 for now anyways, if you find you're just not doing as many track days them perhaps sell.. the Grafs are pretty rare here anyways, same for my bluesilver ;)
Ì was trying to find how many Graffiti's Honda made in 08 but have not come across the info yet. I really like the blue / silver as well I was looking at getting an 07 in NY back before I got the 06.

Ive had two CBR's over the years my new 05 and my current 06. I'm not quite ready to try a different type of bike yet but I do want to try a different year CBR b/c all my riding experience has been on the 05/06 which is exactly the same bike.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Maybe your 08 stumbles but any 07+ I've ever ridden and owned (03, 04, 07, 08, 10, 11, 12) have all pulled absolutely smooth from idle to 14,000 rpm. And I rode my old '11 a ton in the sub 4K range bevause of traffic.

Personal opinion, but the 09+ with a Zbomb is the best 600RR street bike. The 07/08, though, is a nice upgrade to the 03-06 but the seating/feel is totally different. The 03-06 you're more "in" the bike, the 07+ you're more "on" the bike. Some like one better than the other.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

Disagree its just nit a cheap hobby can be done cheaper sure but not cheap. Went kayaking the other day. Now that was cheap lol 1.59 for powerade, $3 to run the washer/dryer, and $2 in gas.

Lodging is what rly kills sure you could do a tent but nah..

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I met up with the guy today and finally got to see the bike and everyone was right, what a beautiful bike!! It was flawless deff in excellent condition. He rode it up there and it had no issues and we talked for awhile and I saw no leaks of any kind. It only has 11,300 miles on it so I'm not expecting anything to be wrong w/ it. We are meeting up again in the same spot on monday later on in the day to do the final sale, I cant wait! I cant believe how nice the paint is on the graffiti, I thought they were black but its more of a gun metal / charcoal color and I love the flat color it has and the way it pops in the sunlight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts