Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I crashed my bike a few days/weeks back. Car cut me off, accidently did a stoppie, and flipped the bike over.

Rode it home carefully. Parked it for a few days while waiting for parts (all cosmetic). Got the parts, put her back together, and took her out for a ride.

There seems to be play in the front end now: a slight clicking noise when I apply sudden brake pressure...like bearings are loose in the steering stem.

Applying brake pressure while slowing over road imperfections also seems to jar the front end inside of the stem.

Making turns, the bike seems to want to tuck towards the inside...

and I can no longer ride without using my hands.

Am I diagnosing this right? Probably just a loose steering nut, right? Please tell me it's something simple like that....please...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm also having a problem like this. I had the shop tighten it up to it's spec and it felt better but now it's starting to feel like it was before..what could it be? should I just tighten it back up?

·
Registered
493 Posts
You also might want to check your suspension settings. A lady cut me off and the front washed out into a lowside. Afterwards I'd get minor headshake over the smallest of road imperfections.

About a week later a friend of mine dialed in the suspension again and somehow my left/right bound/rebound got out of wack. The right was stiffer than the left and caused it to ride unpredictably.

If it's not a mechanical/structural problem, check your suspension...

·
Registered
924 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts