Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radiator on my bike is loose. I found that out when I was doing some work on it the other day. I don't have a pic at the moment but the screw on the top left of it was broken off in my accident. I haven't riden the bike since so I'm not sure how much it moves when I ride but I can wobble it pretty easy with my hand. So should I just go ahead and replace it or will it be fine loose?

Thanks in advance.

D

·
0 Posts
I'd go ahead and replace the bolt. Last thing you want is for the radiator to fully loosen up while riding. I'll find the bolt size for you real quick.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd go ahead and replace the bolt. Last thing you want is for the radiator to fully loosen up while riding. I'll find the bolt size for you real quick.
I think I would have to replace the entire radiator. The part of the radiator that the bold goes through is bent. I bent it back to try and put a screw in and I realized the the hole it goes in is not threaded so I don't know what the deal is with that.

As soon as I can find my camera in my messy ass room I will post some pics...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the pics. They are not good but you can see that its bent out of place and the screw is missing.

Here's a pic of the other side which is fine.

D

·
0 Posts
Just get another screw and I'm sure it will be fine. Remove that horn while you're at it too. :p

I tried checking the size last night but couldn't get my hand in far enough with my fairings on, but I do believe it is M6 threaded. Could be M5 though. Stupid service manual doesn't say.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I was going to do, but the hole is not threaded. I couldn't get a pic of that tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts