Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had this happen or at bad bearings?I need to know what to look for..I also need to know what the best way to check the torque is i have no stands..Thanks

Reactions: dixon cider

·
Registered
360 Posts
if its not turning smooth anymore, you may need to re-grease them... about the stand, if you have long enough frame sliders, you can have a friend help you lift the bike and set jack stands under them. you probably will not find the special socket for the lock nut, BUT you can use the the spanner wrench in your tool kit for your rear shock... that will work to remove/install the adjuster nut and lock nut.

-adjusting nut: 35 ft/lbs
-silver nut: hand tighten
-triple clamp lock nut: 76 ft/lbs

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How can i tell if they are loose...The bike just rides funny..Mainly around corners it's like the wheel leans more than the bike and smaller ripply bumps seems like the wheel leans or turns with the bumps..Hard to explain..I am kind of trying to do this myself..My dealer service hours don't work to great with my work hours..

·
Registered
360 Posts
well i am not sure if its the head bearings... it might be a number of things, maybe your wheel/bearing and its spacing, and the whole front end... if you arent comfortable riding it (i wouldnt be if you suspect that these things are causing it)... bring it to the dealer. its just that if it is the head bearings, the dealer is really doing something wrong. those are crucial elements in assembling the motorcycle that should never be overlooked. bring it to the dealer, dont risk your safety/life riding an improperly built bike...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts