Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I think it's a waste of time for him. IMO ducati just doesn't have what it takes to compete with Honda or yamaha in motogp. Stoner did pretty well, but I just feel when rossi went to Ducati and failed, and Hayden wasn't happy I think that's proof enough to stay away. I thought there was talk of him going to repsol Honda?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Onda Cero: ‘Lorenzo to Ducati for 2015’

Two-time MotoGP™ World Champion Jorge Lorenzo could leave Yamaha for Ducati from the start of the 2015 season, reports Spain’s Onda Cero.

As reported by the radio station, the Mallorcan rider - who had ridden for Yamaha Factory Racing since his debut premier class season in 2008 - has already given Ducati a ‘yes’ with regards to a preliminary agreement for 2015 onwards, with an alleged offer of 15 million euros per season.

Since arriving in the premier class, Lorenzo has claimed two world titles for Yamaha in 2010 and 2012, respectively. To date, he has celebrated 31 MotoGP™ race wins.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
I honestly do not see it happening JL is not that dumb

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I'm not even a fan of Ducati street bikes. They may look sweet and perform pretty well but they're just way too expensive when I could buy an s1000rr and do just as well or better for a fraction of the price. Seems like they're a company that thinks too highly of themselves, in production bikes and motogp.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
247 Posts
I believe that would definitely impact the landscape for talent on the circuit.

Having JL on a Ducati would either propel him to god status if he makes it work...or knock him off his high horse...I'd prefer the latter.

Honestly, what I'd like to see more than anything is more than a couple different guys sitting on the podium every race. Let's have some variety...get the rules established so all the teams are competitive, rather than grouped.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
I highly doubt this will happen, he's a world champion and wants to leave his options open. Perhaps looking for more or other challenges? who knows. I see HRC offering him a contract to team up w Marc? now that would be a killer team!!!

PS Seagreen I love the Hayden gif btw lol. Oh I cant wait for this season to start!

·
Maynard
7,084 Posts
It's Lorenzo's way of telling Yamaha, improve the bike and gimme some more money.

And, HRC could easily recruit Lorenzo if they wanted to, Marquez certainly wouldn't have a problem with it.
My friend was saying he thinks HRC will can Pedrosa and put Lorenzo on the team. I do remember reading some articles about management saying "2014 was Pedrosa's do or die year" or something along the lines of that.

I also wonder who will jump on the suzuki in 2015 and aprilia the following year.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
110 Posts
Both Ducati and Lorenzo have denied any and all rumors..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts