Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kinda a funny question but has anyone ever weighed their non stock bike.I know the stock RR weighs around 370 which is just a butt load. After a few modifications I know it gets lighter. Just curious who here has the lightest RR?

U

·
0 Posts
Dry is no fluids, anywhere. Oil in engine, forks, even the battery is drained. The RR may be a bit heavy on paper, but I can only feel the stability it gives me and man it turns in quick!

I

·
0 Posts
I forgot who it was, but they weighed their race 600RR in at 375 lbs with about 1/4 tank of fuel.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i'm glad this came up. i've been wondering, where exactly does all the weight come from? how is it the R6 is so much lighter? i mean, go to a full race set up and it gets lighter, but so does the R6. is there one particular area that makes the RR so much heavier? i've been roadracing and autocrossing cars and trust me weight makes a huge difference. just one of those things i've been thinking about while daydreaming about my RR.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
The weight comes with our prolink suspension. The way it works it needs extra parts which creates extra weight. But the suspension is supose to work alor better then the others out there. That's why the 1000RR is beefy also because of the rear suspension.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've read that an aftermarket exhaust cut 15 pounds. Supposedly they figured that most people modify their exhaust anyway so they saved some money and went with a stailess steel piece instead of the Titanium everyone else uses.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
No air in tires are you joking? LOL, They actually do that? The dust on the tires from rolling it onto the scale would weigh more than the frigging compressed air. That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. And like that would ever be able to add enough to make them say it's actually 371 with the air in the tires! That is sooooo funny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts