Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, 08 cbr, no mods other than chain and sprocket. 21,xxx miles. No lights, weird noises(cept the exhaust rattles), etc...

So I was riding through one of time mountain rides near me, went the whole day passing cars and what not with no issues. On the way back home, I kicked out to pass someone. After I downshifted, the bike started stuttering once getting to 9800 to 10000 rpm. I backed off and got back to cruising rpm and speed. It felt normal just puttering along but when I tried to accelerate I had no power. Almost every time the engine gets close or at 10k it feels like fuel cutting but less aggressive. Now I have zero clue of the spark plugs have been changed, in fact I was going to do that with the valves and cam chain tensioner on the next oil change. Could I be losing a cylinder to a bad plug? I read around and some said it could be the fuel pump. Any ideas would be nice before I start ripping the thing apart looking for trouble and creating some in the process.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I think at about 9k rpms that my bike was losing power. My bike was almost making a gargling noise. It was the fuel pump.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello man,
I got the same problem on my 600rr 05
It was on the 13 rpm and i solved it by changed my fuel pump.
To test it try to rev see of your bike rev or not,if not then it would be 100% fuel pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts