Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allo gentlemen and ladies, I have a bit of a hiccup that someone wiser than I may have a solution for.

Last season my 600rr7 consistently got around 300kms a tank. 350 if I was nice and spent it on the hwy mostly. Now, however, after being wintered in a heated garage, Im only making about 200-220. It started at 120, then 180, and has settled around 200. Nothigns really been done to it over winter. Changed the oil at the end of the season, it has motul 5100 10w-40 in it with a new filter. maybe 1000 kms on it. And a new rear tire.

Now I added some fuel stabilzer for the winter and burned it off by now. Tossed a gas treatment/ water remover through it. And recently just put a K&N filter in it, my old one was really dirty, which did smooth out the idle and make her a bit more eager to rev. But beyond that, I dunno where to look, aside from maybe plugs. So any suggestions?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after is 38, fwd is 30. I doubt that helping me much. I feel a bit like a tard now. That said, would the front have that big of an impact?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
It won't help....

And 300km is well above average mileage, I'm getting around 220km to a tank with a little to spare - my bike has 51000km on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ive got my kms back, and Ill give credit to both the filter and tire psi's.
Well Nico, my 07 is a bit lighter and a tad more refined than the 04. Stock, anyways. ANd Ive only got 20k on it now.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Well ive got my kms back, and Ill give credit to both the filter and tire psi's.
Well Nico, my 07 is a bit lighter and a tad more refined than the 04. Stock, anyways. ANd Ive only got 20k on it now.
I believe you mate, I'm not light on the throttle even though I don't often get above 10k so that with the age of the engine and -1/+1 will take a little of the range away...

And surprisingly enough there is 4/5s of stuff all difference in the engines between our bikes... the difference is pretty much all in the electronics. Oh, that and the suspension / frame...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts