Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 RR and it runs great, but once i rev past 9grand at full throttle it sputs on me, theni go down to about 3/4 throttle and it starts to gain again.
I have a PCIII and a ART Dual Exhaust, but the problem was happening before this, I just changed my plugs and air filter also. Any ideas what this problem could be?

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
probably going to hate to retrace your steps, I would start by checking the last thing you did. Say plugs, well maybe a loose plug wire, reload the PCIII map (it was happening before the PCIII)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
happened before my slip on and pcIII so i figured it just needed a tune up. so i put a new air filter and plugs in it....still didn't fix it......could it be my injectors?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having a very similar issue with my bike, high rpms feels like the bike will miss than go again. My first thought is a misfire, looking to do plugs and tune up parts this weekend and going over the PCIII.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It is a long shot. But when mapping race bikes I find this to be an issue on the RRs.

We have a duel injected bike the primary injector ALWAYS fires at about 8.5k the secondary injectors kick in and pick up with the primaries.

You want a solution? The PC isn't it, it only control the primary injectors, this is why the Injector manager is a requiremnt for the QS kits (but we are not talking about that are we).

The advice to retrace your work is a good one, here are few more:

1) Update your power commanders firmware (not the map)
2) Ensure you TPS is properly connected to the PC
3) Check fuel Lines
4) Check the airbox

Also, how "dead" is the spot? like no more go, or just a little less?

·
Registered
98 Posts
It is a long shot. But when mapping race bikes I find this to be an issue on the RRs.

We have a duel injected bike the primary injector ALWAYS fires at about 8.5k the secondary injectors kick in and pick up with the primaries.

You want a solution? The PC isn't it, it only control the primary injectors, this is why the Injector manager is a requiremnt for the QS kits (but we are not talking about that are we).

The advice to retrace your work is a good one, here are few more:

1) Update your power commanders firmware (not the map)
2) Ensure you TPS is properly connected to the PC
3) Check fuel Lines
4) Check the airbox

Also, how "dead" is the spot? like no more go, or just a little less?
Dittos on this, how do check to see if the other set of injectors are squirting?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a thread about the same exact thing that happend to my 04 600rr . . . how many miles did you have when it started?

My bike will be getting a new fuel pump and fuel filter early next week . . .I'll let you know how it goes . . .

·
Registered
157 Posts
im 99.9% sure its your secondary injectors which kick in around 8500 rpm.they are clogged with trash or if your tank is rusty(the other .1%) that would clog them.if its rust in tank it will clog filter at fuel pump and prevent gas from ever reaching injectors.when i bought my bike it had been sitting up for 3 months.the injectors were clogged.luckily i was able to clean them out by running a couple of bottles of injector cleaner through it.otherwise it would have cost couple hundred dollars at honda shop

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hi Subli67 and Smokin_N_Ridin,

Did you guys ever find a solution to this problem Its cropping up on my 04RR which has about 26K miles. It's completely stock except for a BMC (road) air filter. The problem started months after the filer was installed. So, I don't think they are related.

TIA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts