Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am still a beginner. somehow , i was running about 60 miles at 6 gear, then when i was trying to make a turn i forgot to downshift ( the bike was running at 20 miles at six gear). when i let go the clutch i feel that the bike is really heavy to run, but i was so nervous because of the highway, i just open my trotle till the bike hit 60 miles again. after this inccident, i feel that the bike is really heavy and loss the power when i put it in the first gear.
any suggestion on this.

< Pls Excuse My English >

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds to me like you lugged her pretty bad but i dont see why there would be any mechanical damage form just doing that once...Tell ya the truth I am surprised it didnt lug out and die on ya...Probably all in yer mind now...I am not an expert machanic though...and I can gaurantee someone here will have been in that position before and be able to help ya out.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
What u said is almost like driving a maunal tranny car
and you slowed down without changing gears then u started
to speed up so normally the car would hesitate and lugg off
so you let off the gas and down shift the car will gain momentum
and get back up to speed

So u got nothing to worry about just check your chain slack
and adjust it if need be

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
TOMIMOTO said:
If you don't know how shifting works are you sure you should be riding this bike?
OUCH but reality sucks sometimes

·
Registered
625 Posts
TOMIMOTO said:
If you don't know how shifting works are you sure you should be riding this bike?
took the words right out of my mouth.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
why shift? you can do 70 in first, the rest of the gears are for people with a death wish.:evil1:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
cowboy5683 said:
Sounds to me like you lugged her pretty bad but i dont see why there would be any mechanical damage form just doing that once....
lets assume the bike is past the break in.

·
Registered
865 Posts
TOMIMOTO said:
haha +1. Maybe you need more parking lot practice in shifting before you hit the streets. I cant imagine slowing to almost a complete stop in 6th and trying to roll on the throttle after that without downshifting. Maybe go drive a manual car to get down the concept of shifting before you hit the streets again and posibably hurt yourself or others.

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you were in 6th gear going 20mph that means you were practically at your idle speed (1500rpms). That's terrible. You probably had to full throttle it just to get back up to speed. I can't think of it really doing anything bad, but i bet the motor got alot of fuel thrown at it. Maybe carbon build up? Maybe on the injectors or something? I can't say anything for sure, but seriously man, 20mph in 6th gear should never happen. One of the main ways i slow my bike down is engine braking. If you're not downshifting as you slow down than please take some time to practice that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts