Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad to say goodbye to all of you. After countless mods on the 600RR and after only a few thousand miles, I have gone over to the big boi club. I'm very happy and I have zero regrets. Here's what I just brought home :)

I will write up a full review and post on 1000rr.net. I rode BOTH 05 and 06 and I am comparing 2005 vs. 2006. Trust me, there is NO WAY ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THE 2005 IS IN ANY WAY BETTER THAN THE 2006...except only cheaper.

·
Registered
560 Posts
sweet! although i truly adore my 600...........the looks of the new 1k is killer. good choice dude. enjoy

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
congrats man sweet ride

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honda really did a fab job on the 2006. It's quite strange, but in pictures, the color scheme does not look like "WOW". Let me tell you this though, when I pulled onto the dealer parking lot, I had about 15 guys literally hanging out around the bike and I had about 6 "omg, that is so tight" comments from them. I have NEVER had one single "WOW, awesome bike" from anyone when I rolled on my 600RR :(

The colors are really really great and the fairings/paint job is #1. It is hands down the BEST quality bike compared to suzuki, yamaha, kawak. 2006 is the year of the 1000rr.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
i know what you mean mang.....me and simplepinoy ^^ went for a ride. and stopped by the stealership on the way back home today to check those 1kRR's out. truly a beautiful machine for 06'!!!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
ahhh dude, i love love lvoe that 1000rr right there.....love the 1000rr and thats my favorite paint scheme right there...so jealous man

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks fellas!!!

You guys have nothing but positive things to say :) I'm very very happy...I know I didn't get the best trade in deal ;) but I walked out of the store very happy because I finally GOT a bike that I feel fits my riding personality. I really do miss the 600 because she was so agile and quick, but the 1000rr makes up in the areas of power, refinement, and overall a very very joyous ride on the street. I cannot believe how nimble this 06 is compared to the 05.

I took her up to 11krpm :D That was in 2nd gear and lemme tell you the truth: I couldn't almost NOT hang on...I was grippin' the bars so tight, my hands became numb ahhaha. I was more weary of the new tires...so I just took it easy in the corners. I swear I will never go back to a 600 again. It's just too good of a fit for me personally.

This board has been one of the most positive and negative influences for me. Positive because I have endless information on the 600rr and negative in the way that I do nothing but read the message threads and mod the 600rr :p

Before I switched to the litre bike, I wasn't sure I could handle her. To be honest, you don't need a litre bike on the road...but it's the same as for cars...you don't need a V6 or V10 for that matter. However, the engine of a litre bike is so smooth, you cannot help but love the fact you can cruise on the freeways at 60mph in gear @3900rpm's. It's very composed and refined ride and totally different from my 600rr. ON the 600rr, it would be pure sports mode - I would rev her up hard and it was a blast. That's how a racing bike should be, high revving, pure sports. But I have grown tired of it I guess and am looking for more befitting style...

If you have never ridden a 600rr let a lone a 1krr, trust me, it's nothing to it. You control the amount of juice and to be honest, I should've bought the 1000cc as my first bike...but having the 600rr helped me tremendously to control my speed and hone my techniques.

So the $1million question is always: 600cc vs. 1000cc....hands down, if you want: Smooooooooooth engine, REFINED/COMPOSED ride style, POWER-massive power with the twist of your wrist, get the 1000cc. GET a HONDA. I also tried to wheelie, but couldn't??? WTF, perhaps I'm just chicken shxt.
More to come....

Thanks ya'll!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hows the seat on it? Hard like the 6 or a little better?

·
Registered
142 Posts
RR-Fanatic said:

I also tried to wheelie, but couldn't??? WTF, perhaps I'm just chicken shxt.
More to come....

Thanks ya'll!!!

I’ve been told that the Honda isn’t the best power on wheelie bike because its weight is more at the front unlike the R1/R6, quote me if im wrong, but im sure with that beast it couldn’t be that hard to put on the back wheel and if it is im sure a sprocket change would do the trick.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts