Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to make it quick, 8 of us rode 200 miles Sunday. After stopping for a break, I said so long and went my own way home. 5 minutes later I missed a friend crash and get run over. He did not make it. It happened in Vernon NJ. A 46 yr old experienced rider and ex-Honda tech. His front end washed out on a right turn at about 50mph. Who knows what exactally happened and why it happened. This sport can be very cruel and unforgiving.
Too much, in fact that I'm taking a break.
I will post my bike up for sale here first when I get my sh!t together....soon.
RIP Andy.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your friend. I hope his family and friends can endure the hardship. God Speed. RIP.

C

·
0 Posts
RIP Andy

GregCat, hang in there buddy.. I'll be praying for you your friend and his family. :(

·
Registered
448 Posts
i live in jersey and its always sad to hear that we lost a rider i hate hearin this stuff ..... my prayers go out ....

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'll be taking a moment of silence and contemplation for your friend and his family. Don't stay down too long, though, GregCat...the only difference between a rut and a grave is depth.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Its never good to read these things. But to Greg, if I may say something and its just my opinion. I dont think that this tragedy should stop you from riding. All of us know, from the very moment we throw our legs over our bikes, that there is always that risk when we ride. My friend high sided a couple weeks ago and got to know the ground for a good 300 ft without a jacket and his helmet popping off. He got road rash everywhere, face, arms, legs, back. He doesn't plan on riding again, but he hoped that none of his friends would stop because of his incident. Do you think your friend, Andy, would want you to stop riding? All I could do is ride more careful and live my life. But its your life also, whatever you choose to do, be sure that you wont regret it later on. Ride safe everyone.

·
Registered
103 Posts
RIP to your friend Andy, this is a risky sport we enjoy, I too sometimes wonder if it's all worth it when I hear things like this. Certainly no one could blame you for calling it quits, but make sure it's really what you want. Of course taking a year or two off and then deciding you want to ride is not out of the question.

Your friend and his family are in my prayers.

J

H

·
0 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss.... it is never easy to deal with the passing of a friend or loved one... this is an aspect of riding that we all have to deal with everyday... it is sad to hear about the loss of a fellow rider... keep your head up...

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Greg,

The guys have a good point about quiting all together. I had a bad wreck when I was 20y/o. 1:00am on a dark country road I hit a deer that ran out in front of me. I was doing about 60mph. Broke my collar dislocated my shoulder and suffered a concusion. I didn't ride for 15 years after that!! Last month my best friend finally talked me into to getting the new 600RR. Over the years I had completely forgotten about how close the riding community really was and how much I absolutely loved riding a bike! Everyone has to live their own life by their decisions. I just hope you don't make the same 15 year mistake I did! My condolences for the lose of your friend.

Tim

·
Registered
124 Posts
hey man very sorry to hear about your friend, keep your head up man only time eases the pain. and i understand where your coming from about wanting to take a break from riding, if thats what you need to do then i respect it and so does everyone else
josh

·
Registered
485 Posts
my deepest condolences. but one way to think about it, even though his life was cut short, at least he died doing something he loved, and he was happy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts