Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05, 15xxx miles, yoshi slip on. no service since purchase <1500 miles ago.

this morning as i was headed into work on the freeway (85mph) running at like 172 F. I got off the freeway and stopped at the end of the ramp, once stopped, i smelled burning coolant and got the nice white cloud of steam and the temp went up to about 225 F. limped it a few blocks to work. in that time, i had coolant draining out of the bike long the lower fairing, and coming out onto my boot and pants on the left side. after i parked it, coolant was still draining out. i looked at the radiator from the front and it doesn't look like the coolant was coming out of there, nor does it look like any of the hoses slipped off and/or exploded.

It looks like most of the coolant was coming out on the left side, low enough to pour out on the peg.

Tomorrow after work, i plan on filling it back up with coolant and starting it to see where it is leaking. does this sound like a good plan? also, what other things would you suggest i check?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually, the radiator had a cut on the backside that was hidden by the fan. i asked one of the shops on base to TIG it, and then reinstalled, flushed and filled. Now i'm good to go. thanks for the help though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts