Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my only key and got the code from the dealer.. I had them cut one according to the code and it doesnt work. wtf

My forks are locked at the moment so I dont know how to look at the back of the lock cylinder to see if the code i have is right.

the key code they gave me is 11331231, does that sound right (and i could care less if people on here know my key code)

if someone has a key code and their key could you post a pic. I want to see what the grinds look like corresponding to their appropriate number.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i guess if you take the lock cylinder off it is stamped on the back of it.. well i cant get it off because the forks are locked.. dumb

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
The steering lock mechanism can be broken by brute force, but I wouldn't do it. Does your dealership cut keys? Maybe try to purcahse the key from the dealership already cut, I think they will need your ownersihp to do that. That is possibly your best bet, but it won't be the cheapest.

Did you try your new cut key on the tank and the trunk? See if it works on those first before you make any other moves!

Good luck! Always keep spares! I have 2 spares for my bike, because of hearing so many stories like this.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Bro I had mine cut... I issues with my key. I had to play with the key in the gas tank for a few days until some of the shaving came off. It works now... My advice is to try shaving the edges just a little. It worked for me.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I had my ignition trashed by thieves while the steering lock was on. Eventually, I drilled out the ignition. It was a huge pain in the ass, but it was better than breaking the steering lock, which goes into the frame. Get some strong drill bits and start drilling. Have patience and be ready to drill more than one hole. Eventually, you will be able to turn the lock with pretty much any key.

This method will obviously ruin your ignition by the way. I bought a new one from Bike Bandit, which came with keys and a new tail lock. I think it was about 200 bucks...Also, the security bolts used to hold the ignition in are a real pain to get off...get ready for some swearing when it comes time to do that.

Sorry to hear the trouble man, but It can be done!!!

I think I wrote a thread about it on here. You can probably search posts started by me and find it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drilled out the ignition assembly and got the top bridge off. I am going to order the ignition assembly from bike bandit. May I ask how you got the gas cap and rear seat locks off?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Drilled out the ignition assembly and got the top bridge off. I am going to order the ignition assembly from bike bandit. May I ask how you got the gas cap and rear seat locks off?
Just get the lock set for your bike off eBay. They usually come with ignition, tank and rear seat lock.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drilled the gas cap lock and the rear seat lock out today.. all i have to say is that it was way too easy...

My knew lock set will be here on wednesday. I feel more excited than I was before i bought the bike.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had the same happen to me once. I ended up towing the bike to a local locksmith who pulled the tank and tail locks and used them to mold a new key. Cost around $50.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts