Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reciently i had my truck broken into, none the less i got all of my keys taken in the process. Does anyone know how i can get a key made? I dont have the key tag eather i bought the bike w/ 1 key. Please help the samson is running out. Thanks for any input

· Registered
1,806 Posts
Contact a Honda dealer and give them your vin#,they should be able to get it from that.

· Registered
5,145 Posts
someone is selling an ignition, tail lock and gas cap with keys in the for sale section for like $100 I think.

G

·
cheaper to get dups made methinks.

do you still have the stamped aluminum tag that came with your keys? That's the Land level code for your bike. It has 6 numbers and each number never goes lower than 1 or higher than 3. Take that to your Honda dealer and they will be able to make a duplicate, or order one on your behalf. be sure to bring some form of ownership proof as well.

G

·
NewRedRider said:
Safer to get a new ignition and new keys. The thief has your keys. Was your truck broken into at your house or somewhere else?
Ah, that's very true as well. I must have skimmed over the "My truck was broken into and he took my honda key" portion of his post.

yeah. New ignition, gas filler lock, and trunk lock.

· Registered
1,674 Posts
+1 on replacing the cylinder... someone has the key to your bike man! If I bought the bike with one key, I probably would have replaced the cylinder at that point too, cuz that means that someone else has the OTHER key... sorry to hear about your loss bro, but just cover your a$$ here and get a new ignition cylinder.

· Registered
147 Posts
I'd replace the lot also... better safe than the alternative. Unless you want a stolen bike Bro.

Getting a key made, unless you can verify your the owner Honda will not make a duplicate key. Usually a key Number is required and that information is only on the key, or key tag. Without it, according to the owners manual the ignition / PGM fi system may need to be replaced. The owners warranty and service policy manual says the only record for the key is on the tag, or key-
I don't like your chances in getting a spare...
I'd contact a dealer first, and check out all your options. I wouldn't buy a second hand ignition either.
WHO has got a key to it when you buy a second hand one? - it may work it may not. Is it worth it?
Spare keys - their keys have magnetic circuits specially coded that if not recognised will not work.
Its part of Hondas HISS security system to stop people- albeit in vain stealing your bike as EASILY.

· Registered
3,831 Posts
Andres0101 said:
how can i get to the ignition??? my wheel is lock too... i lost both my keys one key was lost on a roller coaster along with my wallet, and my other key its lost somewhere.??? so now wat do i do???
Quit losing your keys is your best bet. =-) Go to Honda with your vin and proof of ownership to get a new key made. Next time wear the damn thing around your neck and/or put a big ass key chain on the thing to aid in you not losing it. Be more responsible about you keys damn it!

· Registered
78 Posts
You just need the number on the ignition cylander and the registration to get a new key.

I would do what these guys are suggesting though and get the tumblers changed by a good locksmith and have new keys made.

And leave the key in your house.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.