Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to get flamed.

Instead of being a smarty and putting the screws for the mirrors in a bag, they were in my hand, and in the process of removing my windscreen, one of the screws left my sweaty hand and fell down in here (somewhere inside the bike through the open section by the front cowl):

I've tried shaking/rocking my bike in all directions, using a flashlight; used a long skinny magnetic retriever, and I haven't been able to HEAR THE SCREW move around in there at all.

QUESTION:
Any idea where the screw went and any ideas on how to get it out (preferably without removing the fairings)?

Thanks!

by the way, I'm not riding my bike until I find that screw, which sucks because my friend from Santa Barbara is coming back up on his CBR, but I don't want to risk that thing falling into the fan or something while riding :/

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
aw man...haha
I know thats happened to everyone on here one time or another.
I effin hate it! Worst feeling in the world.

Just grab your shop stool, a flashlight, and maybe a beer
and make it hapen, that's what I always end up having to do, lol

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Everyone has done this. I lost one of the plastic pop-rivets down into the battery tray once, spent about an hour trying to fish it out. Lesson learned - never work 'over' the bike, always take parts away, only taking them in hand when they are ready to put in. I also recommend buying a few tupperware bins, they work great for keeping bolt groups seperate (when I take fairings off, I group each fairing's bolts together).

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Everyone has done this. I lost one of the plastic pop-rivets down into the battery tray once, spent about an hour trying to fish it out. Lesson learned - never work 'over' the bike, always take parts away, only taking them in hand when they are ready to put in. I also recommend buying a few tupperware bins, they work great for keeping bolt groups seperate (when I take fairings off, I group each fairing's bolts together).
just get a plastic magnetic, they come in handle

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
lol this happened to me the other day getting to the rear wire harness for the tail lights and turn signal...the damn allen bolt that goes under the passenger seat one of them went under the battery i didnt feel like taking the battery out lol...i'll mess with it tomorrow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
+1 The beer is the trick!

Look really good around the bike and WAY around the bike (allow 10+ft for the bounce and roll) on the garage floor!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I must just be lazy. I bought a bolt assortment. I just put a new one in if it gets to be where I can't find it. Little bastards are slippery, no?
I got lucky and found a guy on ebay selling all his leftover parts. I got a bunch of fairing screws, some nuts and washers and other parts for like 12 bucks. I already used over 30 bucks worth of parts if I bought them OEM.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts