Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is annoying and I thought id ask before I tear up the bike. I installed a scorpio alarm today as I was adjusting the perimeter sensor so i took the little cap off (to adjust sensitivity) and it fell down the battery tray. I installed the sensor under the riders seat, next to the battery. this is a plastic piece so magnets wont work. any ideas on where I should start looking. its a piece about the size of a head on a thumbtack so its small. I pulled the bottom of the tray out and its not there. would taking the tank cover off help?

I hate losing things because i can never let them go until i find it. please help my compulsion!!!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Try using one of those new plastic magnets.

....lol, I know, I'm no help!

Remember, IT IS THERE, and it probably fell straight down...so I would think tank cover won't help much?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
i dropped the screw that bolts the cable to the battery in the same spot
had to raise up the tank to find it

good luck

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok. so i took the tank off thinking it was under it...nothing. took the rear wheel/evap can off thinking it fell under it...nothing. I dont care about the piece anymore, it was a hunt. Spent a while taking my bike apart and I found nothing but I did get a chance to clean a lot of those 'hard to reach' places.

I dont really care if i find it, I just hope it didnt sneak itself into someplace that can do any harm (if thats even possible???) Would it be a problem if the block melted it or it fell in the rear spring coils? Not sure but dont think so. My rant regarding my defeat is over. 3 hours gone and now im going to rev it up and see if anything falls out =)

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
That is the black hole on our bikes. I lost many battery bolts down there.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I dropped a battery bolt too. I spent an hour looking, raising tank, etc. got pissed :banghead: and took a break. I finally found it wedged near the front sprocket cover.
i finally got smart and started putting rubber bands around the battery posts so the nut doesnt fall out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts