Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , i have an 06' with 1050 miles on it. My problem is when downshifting into first wheather from a standstill or moving i either get a very loud clunk and/or grinding , the grinding is only when im moving though. I thought it might be the chain so i just tightened it up a bit but no luck..it had the 600 mile service done could it just be time for another oil change ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
first bike? at rpms higher than idle, shifting into first from a higher gear will cause a loud clunk. try blipping the throttle to match the speed and step down firmly.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
yes, do not shift to first until your speed matches it (no faster than about 20 mph probably). personally i don't shift to first 'til i'm just about to come to full stop, maybe 3-5 mph. it'll go in smooth as butter at that speed. blipping is always a good idea to cure rough shifting. this is not a problem with the bike- it's a problem with your technique. there's a lot of finessing that goes along with shifting properly- it's not as cut and dry as it seems. experiment with different things and find what's the smoothest. i do all kinds of different **** in different situations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts