Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive been hearing a loud clunk/jerk while shifting, it happens when i shift both up and down. i hear it low and toward the rear of the motor/tranny. it sounds like my clutch baskets loose or something, i already checked its not the chain or the rear rubber cush drives. What are the symptoms of a bent shift fork? is it possible i got a loose cam chain? Is it possible ive just got bad clutch plates?? its an 06 with 21k miles ive owned it since 06 w/1k miles. ive never raced or stunted it. it dosnt sound bad during idle just when i shift, i can shift in a "sweet spot" and it wont do it but there definatley is something going on. ONE NOTE: my bike for what ever reason has also started stretching chains out fast, i think its related. im adjusting it every few days

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
the clunk can depend on your shifting habbits

ie: if im coast in N for a bit, and then try to put it into 2nd it sounds like i hit a wall. ...

as far as the chain, thats useaully a sign the chain has reached end of life.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ive been riding for years and am pretty sure i didnt just all of a sudden forget how to shift my bike? and yes i think we've all experianced what you described, similar sound but not the same. as far as the chain comment is concerned ive gone through 2 chains in tha last 5k just to rule that out

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Holy cow... 2 chains in 5K miles???

Well, a constantly stretching chain means it's shot. You need to replace both the chain and the sprockets.

A loose chain would possibly allow the louder clunk sound you're hearing.

Last... you need to clean your chain with something that doesn't hurt the o-rings. That's a good possibility why your chain keeps craping out. Or you have it too tight...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the sprockets are new i replaced them when i did the chain, it still makes the sound when the chain is tight. Ive been working on my own bikes for years i know how to properly adjust a chain and not to over tighten it. So chain aside is are there any suggestions on what to check/look for?

1.its not the chain,sprockets, or rear cush
2.its not that i forgot how to shift my own bike

It also does it when i roll on and off the throttle while riding?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Maybe you should stop doing wheelies and maybe just maybe the chain will last as long as it was intended to.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe you should stop doing wheelies and maybe just maybe the chain will last as long as it was intended to.

Wheelies?? DEE DEE DEE as stated before ive NEVER stunted my bike . FOR CLARIFICATION A WHEELIE IS A STUNT

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Wheelies?? DEE DEE DEE as stated before ive NEVER stunted my bike . FOR CLARIFICATION A WHEELIE IS A STUNT
Ehh you have a point but I don't really see wheelies as a "stunt" seeing how everyone and their mommas can do em.:crackup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts