Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when i shift either up or down it would sound harsh like a chain clunk ? it shifts normal i guess. haha new with this bike stuff but i hope i can get some info

·
Registered
31 Posts
How much chain slack do you have? Are you running standard or GP shift? Most likely you have too much slack in the chain.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Due for an oil change?

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I'm guessing the loud noise is when he goes from neutral to first or from second to first. Could be completely wrong (wouldn't be the first time) though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have a look at all the threads started by the OP and the questions asked. Ii is obvious that the problem is with the operator and not the bike.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
It could be the metal to metal contact in your transmission. That could be a serious issue. If you bike doesn't shift like knife through butter than something is DEFINITELY wrong.

Could also be transmission mites.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Easiest way to get rid of transmission mites is to pour about 2 cups of lukewarm water through the oil filler cap. Then run the engine for a couple minutes. The water drowns the mites and gets rid of your problem

·
Registered
20 Posts
DO NOT use water in your oil! It is H20, which is hydrogen and oxygen. Those elements will be separated through the internal combustion process and will make your engine explode!

Only use ASE headlight fluid for boats/motorcycles.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
headlight fluid doesn't kill tranny mites though... which is why you must use water. The headlight fluid will just mix evenly with the oil. Oil is less dense than water which is why you have to use H2O. It will go to the bottom of the engine where the transmission mites live and will conveniently drown them

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
headlight fluid doesn't kill tranny mites though... Which is why you must use water. The headlight fluid will just mix evenly with the oil. Oil is less dense than water which is why you have to use h2o. It will go to the bottom of the engine where the transmission mites live and will conveniently drown them

1 - 20 of 27 Posts